PDA

View Full Version : Cheapest day's to fly

C/J
September 14th, 2003, 08:32 PM
Hello,
What's day's of the week are flight's the cheapest?
TIA

mrtravel
September 14th, 2003, 08:46 PM
C/J wrote:

> Hello,
> What's day's of the week are flight's the cheapest?
> TIA

Generally midweek (Tues-Thurs), but it varies by destination.

John R. Levine
September 14th, 2003, 11:04 PM
> What's day's of the week are flight's the cheapest?

It depends on the route. Orbitz has a nifty feature that lets you
give them a range of departure and return dates for a pair of cities,
and they give you a matrix with the lowest available fare for each
day.

Regards,
John Levine, , Primary Perpetrator of "The Internet for Dummies",
"A book is a sneeze." - E.B. White, on the writing of Charlotte's Web

September 15th, 2003, 12:08 AM
On Sun, 14 Sep 2003 15:32:23 -0400, "C/J" >
wrote:

>Hello,
> What's day's of the week are flight's the cheapest?
> TIA
>
>You have now utterly depleted the stock of improperly
used apostrophes.

Traveler

Douglas W. Hoyt
September 15th, 2003, 02:01 AM

No there are s'ome left. You jus't have to know where to look.

Mike Dobony
September 15th, 2003, 02:31 AM
"John R. Levine" > wrote in message
> > What's day's of the week are flight's the cheapest?
>
> It depends on the route. Orbitz has a nifty feature that lets you
> give them a range of departure and return dates for a pair of cities,
> and they give you a matrix with the lowest available fare for each
> day.

And "Sorry, that rate is no longer available."

--
Mike D.

www.stopassaultnow.org

Remove .spamnot to respond by email

> Regards,
> John Levine, , Primary Perpetrator of "The Internet for
Dummies",
> Information Superhighwayman wanna-be, http://iecc.com/johnl, Sewer
Commissioner
> "A book is a sneeze." - E.B. White, on the writing of Charlotte's Web

---

September 15th, 2003, 06:53 AM
On Sun, 14 Sep 2003 20:01:21 -0500, "Douglas W. Hoyt"

>No there are s'ome left. You jus't have to know where to look.

I was gonna post something like that, pal, but puristically speaking,
the greengrocer's apostrophe has to come just *before* a final "s".

--

Traveler

Miguel Cruz
September 15th, 2003, 08:00 AM
Traveler > wrote:

>> No there are s'ome left. You jus't have to know where to look.
>
> I was gonna post something like that, pal, but puristically speaking,
> the greengrocer's apostrophe has to come just *before* a final "s".

A's if there i's only one way to do it. Who made you the bos's?

miguel
Site remodeled 10-Sept-2003: Hundreds of new photos, easier navigation.

Citronella
September 16th, 2003, 07:27 PM
Actually, the cheapest days to fly are the day before and the day
after your ticket.

this is a little know fact...

C.

On Sun, 14 Sep 2003 19:46:35 GMT, mrtravel >
wrote:

>C/J wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>> What's day's of the week are flight's the cheapest?
>> TIA
>>

>Generally midweek (Tues-Thurs), but it varies by destination.

September 16th, 2003, 08:57 PM
On Mon, 15 Sep 2003 07:00:08 GMT, (Miguel Cruz) wrote:

>Traveler > wrote:
>>>
>>> No there are s'ome left. You jus't have to know where to look.
>>
>> I was gonna post something like that, pal, but puristically speaking,
>> the greengrocer's apostrophe has to come just *before* a final "s".
>
>A's if there i's only one way to do it. Who made you the bos's?
>
>miguel

For god's sake, miguel, cool it! One of THEM is going to take
you s'eriously.

Purists of the world, unite; you have nothing to lose but your ess...

--

Traveler

CrossmenSop99
September 17th, 2003, 03:34 AM
I'd say Tues-Thurs. Order your ticket at least 14-days in advanced, to get the
lowest fare out there.
In my opinon I would stay away from 3rd party online travel companies like
Travelocity, Cheap Tickets. They maybe will save you $20, but they can screw
reservation up. I see it happen at least once a week. With some of those
companies you are NOT E-ticketed, which means they are supposed to send you
paper tickets and sometimes they get lost in the mail or never get sent or the
customer thinks there e-ticketed and there not, which means the passenger will
have to buy a new ticket fromt the airline, file a lost ticket applacation and
try get reimbursed for the new ticket by the company in which they ordered.
It's a headache for the customer. I've seen too many customers screwed by
those online travel companies and there no a lot an airline can do. Order from
the airline direct. Stick with e-tickets. People think if they order paper
tickets, they'll have a boarding bass before everyone else and wont have to
check in at the airport. NOT TRUE. Everyone has to check in.

Miguel Cruz
September 17th, 2003, 07:09 AM
CrossmenSop99 > wrote:
> Stick with e-tickets. People think if they order paper tickets, they'll
> have a boarding bass before everyone else and wont have to check in at the
> airport. NOT TRUE. Everyone has to check in.

Can you even use the kiosks with paper tickets? I haven't had a paper ticket
on a kiosk-capable airline in a long time, but my recollection is no. That
seems to suggest that paper tickets actually slow you down, since you have
to wait in line to check in.