TravelBanter

-   Air travel (http://www.travelbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   KLM (http://www.travelbanter.com/showthread.php?t=3228)

rome March 12th, 2004 04:37 PM

KLM

Any comments, good or bad, flying KLM?

Markku Grönroos March 12th, 2004 04:50 PM

KLM

"rome" wrote in message
Any comments, good or bad, flying KLM?

Good unless you travel to Tenerife on a foggy day.

Jost Ammon March 12th, 2004 06:42 PM

KLM

Markku Grönroos wrote:

"rome" wrote in message
Any comments, good or bad, flying KLM?

Good unless you travel to Tenerife on a foggy day.

Same is true for PanAm I guess.

--
He who opens the windows invites the bugs in

Gerrit 't Hart March 13th, 2004 12:55 AM

KLM

"rome" wrote in message
Any comments, good or bad, flying KLM?

Once in the air OK but the ground staff is ignorant and arrogant.
Gerrit

Douglas W. Hoyt March 13th, 2004 01:19 AM

KLM

Once in the air OK but the ground staff is ignorant and arrogant.

My experiences in Amsterdam are excellent with the ground staff--couldn't be
more courteous and caring. At other airports, however, you might run into
subcontracted staff, who really don't know and don't care.

Dave Smith March 13th, 2004 01:37 AM

KLM

rome wrote:

Any comments, good or bad, flying KLM?

My first flight to Europe was on Air Transat. The flight ran late. The
food and service was awful. There was no leg room and I spent 8 hours
feeling like a sardine. On my next trip I paid almost 50% more to go
with KLM, expecting more comfort and better service. The food was just
as bad. The food service was worse. The seats were just as small and
cramped. On the next trip I went with Air Canada. We flew on schedule,
had good food, good service, seats were more comfortable and there was
more leg room. And it was cheaper than KLM.

Gerrit 't Hart March 13th, 2004 10:52 AM

KLM

"Douglas W. Hoyt" wrote in message
Once in the air OK but the ground staff is ignorant and arrogant.

My experiences in Amsterdam are excellent with the ground staff--couldn't

be
more courteous and caring. At other airports, however, you might run

into
subcontracted staff, who really don't know and don't care.

My experiences and those of family members have all been at Schiphol, over
at least 5 occasions, none of them good!
We try and steer clear of them.
Gerrit - Oz

Markku Grönroos March 13th, 2004 11:00 AM

KLM

"Gerrit 't Hart" wrote in message
. au...

"Douglas W. Hoyt" wrote in message
Once in the air OK but the ground staff is ignorant and arrogant.

My experiences in Amsterdam are excellent with the ground

staff--couldn't
be
more courteous and caring. At other airports, however, you might run

into
subcontracted staff, who really don't know and don't care.

My experiences and those of family members have all been at Schiphol, over
at least 5 occasions, none of them good!
We try and steer clear of them.

In what way experiences have been not so good ? For one and the same reason
or for different reasons ? You seem to be loyal to visiting the airport
anyways.

A Mate March 13th, 2004 11:39 AM

KLM

Good Food!!!!

On Air Canada - Man! You just totally lost credibility!!

"Dave Smith" wrote in message
rome wrote:

Any comments, good or bad, flying KLM?

My first flight to Europe was on Air Transat. The flight ran late. The
food and service was awful. There was no leg room and I spent 8 hours
feeling like a sardine. On my next trip I paid almost 50% more to go
with KLM, expecting more comfort and better service. The food was just
as bad. The food service was worse. The seats were just as small and
cramped. On the next trip I went with Air Canada. We flew on schedule,
had good food, good service, seats were more comfortable and there was
more leg room. And it was cheaper than KLM.

Dave Smith March 13th, 2004 01:02 PM

KLM

A Mate wrote:

Good Food!!!!

On Air Canada - Man! You just totally lost credibility!!

It was better than KLM.