TravelBanter

-   Backpacking and Budget travel (http://www.travelbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Sure, I could live in a big house (http://www.travelbanter.com/showthread.php?t=180754)

Ernest Primeau November 5th, 2013 02:52 AM

Sure, I could live in a big house

But why would I need a mansion when there's all the maintenance and taxes.

In Florida, there are no property taxes associated with living in a camper
trailer. There's just me and my pets so why a big house.

I can take the savings and have my money manager invest the rest. Winning!
Ernie

Malcom \Mal\ Reynolds November 5th, 2013 05:08 AM

Sure, I could live in a big house

In article ,
"Ernest Primeau" wrote:

But why would I need a mansion when there's all the maintenance and taxes.

In Florida, there are no property taxes associated with living in a camper
trailer. There's just me and my pets so why a big house.

there are property taxes associated with the property you park on which
you will pay directly or indirectly.

there are vehicle registration fees for your camper trailer

I can take the savings and have my money manager invest the rest. Winning!
Ernie

what savings? you will either have to buy a piece of property or pay
rent on someone else's property, you won't get a tax deduction for a
mortgage and your maintenance will be higher on your camper

and then there's the car/truck

Ernest Primeau November 5th, 2013 12:37 PM

Sure, I could live in a big house

But why would I need a mansion when there's all the maintenance and taxes.

In Florida, there are no property taxes associated with living in a camper
trailer. There's just me and my pets so why a big house.

there are property taxes associated with the property you park on which
you will pay directly or indirectly.

there are vehicle registration fees for your camper trailer

True, there would be vehicle registration fees for my camper trailer: IF I
paid them. ;-)

I can take the savings and have my money manager invest the rest. Winning!
Ernie

what savings? you will either have to buy a piece of property or pay
rent on someone else's property, you won't get a tax deduction for a
mortgage and your maintenance will be higher on your camper

The savings I was referring to was the savings from the small business that
I run. I'm semi-retired now.
I only work when I want to. I throw a lot of parties...now that can get
expensive, but lemonade is cheap to make in florida/

and then there's the car/truck

I drive around in a classic Mercedes that I am very proud of. It is older
so I can work on it myself. Can you say SAVINGS?

Malcom \Mal\ Reynolds November 5th, 2013 08:25 PM

"Ernest Primeau" wrote:

But why would I need a mansion when there's all the maintenance and
taxes.

In Florida, there are no property taxes associated with living in a
camper trailer. There's just me and my pets so why a big house.

there are property taxes associated with the property you park on
which you will pay directly or indirectly.

there are vehicle registration fees for your camper trailer

True, there would be vehicle registration fees for my camper trailer:
IF I paid them. ;-)

there ARE fees for your trailer: not paying them is only viable if you
don't get caught...get caught and you owe all back fees and penalties

and of course it's much easier, legally and physically, to IMPOUND your
trailer

I can take the savings and have my money manager invest the rest.
Winning! Ernie

what savings? you will either have to buy a piece of property or
pay rent on someone else's property, you won't get a tax deduction
for a mortgage and your maintenance will be higher on your camper

The savings I was referring to was the savings from the small
business that I run.

what does that mean?

I'm semi-retired now. I only work when I want to. I throw a lot of
parties...now that can get expensive, but lemonade is cheap to make
in florida/

and then there's the car/truck

I drive around in a classic Mercedes that I am very proud of. It is
older so I can work on it myself. Can you say SAVINGS?

labor cheap, parts expensive, rust prevalent