TravelBanter

-   USA & Canada (http://www.travelbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Ottawa (http://www.travelbanter.com/showthread.php?t=129775)

MizzGail January 17th, 2008 01:40 PM

Ottawa

Greetings!
We are looking at traveling to Ottawa in late April 2008.
I see some posts on some good hotels, but they seem a few years old.
Any suggestions for a nice clean hotel, moderate price.
Also, we aren't into shopping but like seeing historic items. We
checked the tourism page and there seems to be a lot to do in Ottawa.
What would people suggest as the top "must see" things for a 3 day
trip?

Cheers!

[email protected] January 17th, 2008 02:20 PM

Ottawa

On Jan 17, 8:40 am, MizzGail wrote:
Greetings!
We are looking at traveling to Ottawa in late April 2008.
I see some posts on some good hotels, but they seem a few years old.
Any suggestions for a nice clean hotel, moderate price.
Also, we aren't into shopping but like seeing historic items. We
checked the tourism page and there seems to be a lot to do in Ottawa.
What would people suggest as the top "must see" things for a 3 day
trip?

Cheers!

westin ottawa.....get a canal view room...I never stay anywhere else
there....well, sometimes I stay with my cousin....but I dont think he
has room now that he and his wife just had a baby

Smiles January 17th, 2008 03:03 PM

Ottawa

MizzGail wrote:
Greetings!
We are looking at traveling to Ottawa in late April 2008.
I see some posts on some good hotels, but they seem a few years old.
Any suggestions for a nice clean hotel, moderate price.
Also, we aren't into shopping but like seeing historic items. We
checked the tourism page and there seems to be a lot to do in Ottawa.
What would people suggest as the top "must see" things for a 3 day
trip?

Cheers!

Smile now three days is not much but you will not have to contend with
tourists

Canadian Museum of Civilization would be my choice there are lots of
others see

http://www.capcan.ca/bins/ncc_web_co...2-28826&lang=1

it is a government web site

enjoy your visit
Smiles

Sarah Banick January 17th, 2008 03:05 PM

Ottawa

wrote in message

Cheers!

westin ottawa.....get a canal view room...I never stay anywhere else
there....well, sometimes I stay with my cousin....but I dont think he
has room now that he and his wife just had a baby

For something so small, babies sure take up a lot of room, doncha think? :-)

[email protected] January 17th, 2008 03:52 PM

Ottawa

For something so small, babies sure take up a lot of room, doncha think? :-)

We were just talking the other day about people with quintuplets, etc,
shoot even twins....

the time it would take to get ready for the simplist of things, all
the hats, boot, gloves, hats, and if it wasnt the winter, all the
sunscreen, etc.....

MizzGail January 18th, 2008 05:13 PM

Ottawa

On Jan 17, 10:05*am, "Sarah Banick" wrote:
wrote in message

Cheers!

westin ottawa.....get a canal view room...I never stay anywhere else
there....well, sometimes I stay with my cousin....but I dont think he
has room now that he and his wife just had a baby

For something so small, babies sure take up a lot of room, doncha think? :-)

Yea, but they grow on ya!

MizzGail January 18th, 2008 05:15 PM

Ottawa

On Jan 17, 10:03*am, Smiles wrote:
MizzGail wrote:
Greetings!
We are looking at traveling to Ottawa in late April 2008.
I see some posts on some good hotels, but they seem a few years old.
Any suggestions for a nice clean hotel, moderate price.
Also, we aren't into shopping but like seeing historic items. We
checked the tourism page and there seems to be a lot to do in Ottawa.
What would people suggest as the top "must see" things for a 3 day
trip?

Cheers!

Smile now three days is not much but you will not have to contend with
tourists

Canadian Museum of Civilization would be my choice there are lots of
others see

http://www.capcan.ca/bins/ncc_web_co...16297-24563-24...

it is a government web site

enjoy your visit
Smiles

Ok, this sounds like a must do.!

[email protected] January 18th, 2008 10:25 PM

Ottawa

wrote in message

Cheers!

westin ottawa.....get a canal view room...I never stay anywhere else
there....well, sometimes I stay with my cousin....but I dont think he
has room now that he and his wife just had a baby

For something so small, babies sure take up a lot of room, doncha think? :-)

Yea, but they grow on ya!

and then they take over your trunk on road trips.....

[email protected] January 18th, 2008 11:35 PM

Ottawa

another fun thing to do....

http://www.ottawakiosk.com/changing_guard.html

[email protected] January 18th, 2008 11:36 PM

Ottawa

On Jan 18, 6:35 pm, "
wrote:
another fun thing to do....

http://www.ottawakiosk.com/changing_guard.html

whoops.....they dont do it in april......