TravelBanter

-   Europe (http://www.travelbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   London travel advice needed (http://www.travelbanter.com/showthread.php?t=167264)

Richard June 28th, 2010 02:04 AM

London travel advice needed

Just a quick question for you experts . . .

I am traveling to London with my wife and two kids (ages 9 and 12) and
was wondering what you all thought might be the best travel/oyster
card to pick up. We'll be there from the 9-13 and the 15-20. I now
they used to have an unlimited weekely ticket but now i dont see that
option on the website.

Thanks in advance.

Richard

Graham Harrison[_3_] June 28th, 2010 08:23 AM

"Richard" wrote in message
Just a quick question for you experts . . .

I am traveling to London with my wife and two kids (ages 9 and 12) and
was wondering what you all thought might be the best travel/oyster
card to pick up. We'll be there from the 9-13 and the 15-20. I now
they used to have an unlimited weekely ticket but now i dont see that
option on the website.

Thanks in advance.

Richard

Richard, there is a specific newsgroup for transport in London. May I
suggest you try uk.transport.London.

tim.... June 28th, 2010 09:59 AM

"Richard" wrote in message
Just a quick question for you experts . . .

I am traveling to London with my wife and two kids (ages 9 and 12) and
was wondering what you all thought might be the best travel/oyster
card to pick up. We'll be there from the 9-13 and the 15-20. I now
they used to have an unlimited weekely ticket but now i dont see that
option on the website.

Jeeze, they have made it intolerably difficult to find

The prices are he

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tickets/14416.aspx

If you stay inside Zones 1 and 2 a weekly ticket is equivalent to 14 single
journeys so does look useful even for only 5 days, though it wont cover
trips to/from the airport.

It may also be useful to download this

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/assets/downloa...r_may_2010.pdf

tim

[email protected] June 28th, 2010 07:44 PM

On Jun 28, 1:59*am, "tim...." wrote:
If you stay inside Zones 1 and 2 a weekly ticket is equivalent to 14 single
journeys so does look useful even for only 5 days, though it wont cover
trips to/from the airport.

When I wanted to go from LHR to London, I got an Oyster card for zones
1-2, and I told the ticket agent that I wanted to add some cash to
cover the supplement for the rides from and to the airport. Back in
those days, the supplement was about £1.5 each way. Also, there was a
refundable £3 deposit for the shorter passes that was not assessed for
the one-week card.

Richard June 30th, 2010 04:52 AM

London travel advice needed

Thanks everyone . . . .