TravelBanter

-   Africa (http://www.travelbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Injections for Kenya? (http://www.travelbanter.com/showthread.php?t=51058)

Bobby November 30th, 2004 06:17 PM

Injections for Kenya?

I'm about to go on a safari in Kenya (actually a dual sight trip - one week
safari and one week beach).

Can anyone advise me what injections (or other means of inoculation) I need
before I go?

Cheers.

Bobby

Liz November 30th, 2004 09:31 PM

In message
"Bobby" wrote:

I'm about to go on a safari in Kenya (actually a dual sight trip - one week
safari and one week beach).

Can anyone advise me what injections (or other means of inoculation) I need
before I go?

Your best bet is to go to a doctor/travel nurse/travel clinic for
information which will take your personal medical history into
consideration. Don't even think about going without taking malaria tablets
at the very least.

Safari njema and slainte mhath

Liz

--
Virtual Liz now at http://www.v-liz.com
Kenya; Tanzania; Namibia; India; Seychelles; Galapagos

"Bobby" wrote:

I'm about to go on a safari in Kenya (actually a dual sight trip - one week
safari and one week beach).

Can anyone advise me what injections (or other means of inoculation) I need
before I go?

Your best bet is to go to a doctor/travel nurse/travel clinic for
information which will take your personal medical history into
consideration. Don't even think about going without taking malaria tablets
at the very least.

Safari njema and slainte mhath

Liz

--
Virtual Liz now at http://www.v-liz.com
Kenya; Tanzania; Namibia; India; Seychelles; Galapagos
"I speak of Africa and golden joys"

Not the Karl Orff December 1st, 2004 01:25 AM

In article , "Bobby"
wrote:

I'm about to go on a safari in Kenya (actually a dual sight trip - one week
safari and one week beach).

Can anyone advise me what injections (or other means of inoculation) I need
before I go?

for _injections_, at least a tetanus update. I got hep A (b advisable
too), typhoid (though that can be oral as I took), yellow fever.

wrote:

I'm about to go on a safari in Kenya (actually a dual sight trip - one week
safari and one week beach).

Can anyone advise me what injections (or other means of inoculation) I need
before I go?

for _injections_, at least a tetanus update. I got hep A (b advisable
too), typhoid (though that can be oral as I took), yellow fever.

claudel December 1st, 2004 01:30 AM

In article ,
Not the Karl Orff wrote:
In article , "Bobby"
wrote:

I'm about to go on a safari in Kenya (actually a dual sight trip - one week
safari and one week beach).

Can anyone advise me what injections (or other means of inoculation) I need
before I go?

for _injections_, at least a tetanus update. I got hep A (b advisable
too), typhoid (though that can be oral as I took), yellow fever.

http://www.cdc.gov/travel/

Claude

claudel December 1st, 2004 01:30 AM

In article ,
Not the Karl Orff wrote:
In article , "Bobby"
wrote:

I'm about to go on a safari in Kenya (actually a dual sight trip - one week
safari and one week beach).

Can anyone advise me what injections (or other means of inoculation) I need
before I go?

for _injections_, at least a tetanus update. I got hep A (b advisable
too), typhoid (though that can be oral as I took), yellow fever.

http://www.cdc.gov/travel/

Claude

claudel December 1st, 2004 01:30 AM

In article ,
Not the Karl Orff wrote:
In article , "Bobby"
wrote:

I'm about to go on a safari in Kenya (actually a dual sight trip - one week
safari and one week beach).

Can anyone advise me what injections (or other means of inoculation) I need
before I go?

for _injections_, at least a tetanus update. I got hep A (b advisable
too), typhoid (though that can be oral as I took), yellow fever.

http://www.cdc.gov/travel/

Claude

Justin Miles December 1st, 2004 09:14 AM

Definetely you require a valid yellow fever certifcate

Cheers
Justin Miles

"claudel" wrote in message
In article ,
Not the Karl Orff wrote:
In article , "Bobby"
wrote:

I'm about to go on a safari in Kenya (actually a dual sight trip - one

week
safari and one week beach).

Can anyone advise me what injections (or other means of inoculation) I

need
before I go?

for _injections_, at least a tetanus update. I got hep A (b advisable
too), typhoid (though that can be oral as I took), yellow fever.

http://www.cdc.gov/travel/

Claude

Justin Miles December 1st, 2004 09:14 AM

Definetely you require a valid yellow fever certifcate

Cheers
Justin Miles

"claudel" wrote in message
In article ,