TravelBanter

-   Europe (http://www.travelbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   New aircraft design has rows of passengers sitting face-to-face (http://www.travelbanter.com/showthread.php?t=158423)

Tofu September 21st, 2009 01:56 PM

New aircraft design has rows of passengers sitting face-to-face

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/ar...el-option.html

William Black September 21st, 2009 02:06 PM

Tofu wrote:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/ar...el-option.html

No lap straps, no TV, no way to deliver food or drinks, no way to get
to a sick passenger...

Next try please...

--
William Black

"Any number under six"

The answer given by Englishman Richard Peeke when asked by the Duke of
Medina Sidonia how many Spanish sword and buckler men he could beat
single handed with a quarterstaff.

Hatunen September 21st, 2009 05:21 PM

New aircraft design has rows of passengers sitting face-to-face

On Mon, 21 Sep 2009 14:06:41 +0100, William Black
wrote:

Tofu wrote:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/ar...el-option.html

No lap straps, no TV, no way to deliver food or drinks, no way to get
to a sick passenger...

Food? Drinks?

You haven't been paying attention to the latest developments,
have you?

William Black September 21st, 2009 05:29 PM

wrote:

Tofu wrote:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/ar...el-option.html

No lap straps, no TV, no way to deliver food or drinks, no way to get
to a sick passenger...

Food? Drinks?

You haven't been paying attention to the latest developments,
have you?

I just fly in them...

If I don't get offered free food and drink I find another airline...

--
William Black

"Any number under six"

The answer given by Englishman Richard Peeke when asked by the Duke of
Medina Sidonia how many Spanish sword and buckler men he could beat
single handed with a quarterstaff.

[email protected] September 21st, 2009 06:05 PM

New aircraft design has rows of passengers sitting face-to-face

On Sep 21, 6:56*am, Tofu wrote:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/ar...oversial-new-a...

I've seen city buses that look more comfortable than that.

James Silverton[_3_] September 21st, 2009 06:20 PM

wrote:

Tofu wrote:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/ar...el-option.html
No lap straps, no TV, no way to deliver food or drinks, no
way to get to a sick passenger...

Food? Drinks? You haven't been paying attention to the latest
developments,
have you?

I just fly in them...

If I don't get offered free food and drink I find another
airline...

Unfortunately, you may have to travel first-class to do that on many
routes. I like saving money as much as anyone but is that the only thing
that matters? The arrangement does not look particularly safe for
turbulence or an emergency landing.

--

James Silverton
Potomac, Maryland

tim..... September 21st, 2009 06:51 PM

wrote:

Tofu wrote:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/ar...el-option.html
No lap straps, no TV, no way to deliver food or drinks, no way to get
to a sick passenger...

Food? Drinks? You haven't been paying attention to the latest
developments,
have you?

I just fly in them...

If I don't get offered free food and drink I find another airline...

Were do you normally fly.

Now that BA have announced that they will stop I know of no airlines at all
that give free food to standard economy pax within Europe.

Um wait a minute. I got a manky sandwich from JAT to Belgrade.

tim

Josh September 21st, 2009 07:18 PM

New aircraft design has rows of passengers sitting face-to-face

On Mon, 21 Sep 2009 10:05:55 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

On Sep 21, 6:56*am, Tofu wrote:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/ar...oversial-new-a...

I've seen city buses that look more comfortable than that.

This article is nothing but evidence that even in this world economy
(or maybe because of it), there are people with way too much time to
doodle bizarre ideas and write about them.

Theres 0% chance anything like this would ever get regulatory
approval; no back support, no way to properly belt in the passengers,
and the aisles would never pass an evacuation test.

Now the drawings at the end, of the "standing seats" might be feasible
(note that you stand/lean against a platform, presumably with
straps/belts, and it looks like it has a flip up stool). Might
actually be more comfortable and easier to maneuver in/out of for
taller folks than a seat.

Josh

John Levine September 21st, 2009 07:48 PM

food, was New aircraft design has rows of passengers sitting face-to-face

Now that BA have announced that they will stop I know of no airlines at all
that give free food to standard economy pax within Europe.

Lufthansa gave me dinner on MAD-FRA last week. It was some sort of
chicken, not great but not awful.

R's,
John

William Black September 21st, 2009 08:04 PM

wrote:

Tofu wrote:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/ar...el-option.html
No lap straps, no TV, no way to deliver food or drinks, no way to get
to a sick passenger...
Food? Drinks? You haven't been paying attention to the latest
developments,
have you?

I just fly in them...

If I don't get offered free food and drink I find another airline...

Were do you normally fly.

Usually to the Middle and Far East from the UK.