TravelBanter

-   Australia & New Zealand (http://www.travelbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Air New Zealand vs. Qantas (http://www.travelbanter.com/showthread.php?t=7838)

james_anatidae February 22nd, 2004 02:30 AM

Air New Zealand vs. Qantas

All other things being equal (price, time, route) which would you prefer to
fly?

steve February 22nd, 2004 02:40 AM

Air New Zealand vs. Qantas

james_anatidae wrote:

All other things being equal (price, time, route) which would you prefer
to fly?

Air NZ.

We own it.

Gurble February 22nd, 2004 03:12 AM

Air New Zealand vs. Qantas

On Sat, 21 Feb 2004 21:30:23 -0500, "james_anatidae"
wrote:

All other things being equal (price, time, route) which would you prefer to
fly?

Qantas/Origin Pacific have better food, and much better service IMO.

Neil Raines February 22nd, 2004 03:18 AM

Air New Zealand vs. Qantas

Air NZ has more leg room and better food for long haul.

"james_anatidae" wrote in message
All other things being equal (price, time, route) which would you prefer

fly?

Laurie Fleming February 22nd, 2004 03:19 AM

Air New Zealand vs. Qantas

In article ,
"james_anatidae" wrote:

All other things being equal (price, time, route) which would you prefer to
fly?

Air New Zealand. I've got my air miles with them (yeah I know - flying
would/could be cheaper if they didn't exist, but nevertheless it's worth
the odd upgrade), and I've never had any problems with them.

Qantas - well, some of the worst flights I've had anywhere have been
with them. Being put in non-smoking, but one row ahead of the smokers,
despite our ensuring beforehand twice that our seats would be nearer the
front; being told by a stewardess when she asked us about our food and
receiving our less than positive response, "Well what do you expect -
it's airline food." An elderly friend ended up being very ill on a
flight from England-land when they ran out of water!

It's still not as bad as Royal Air Maroc (blocked toilets / ham in the
vegetarian meal / smoking section on the right-hand side!) or
Continental, and I'm sure most of the time they're fine, but just one or
two bad experiences can really put you off an airline. I've luckily
never had more than the odd glitch with AirNZ.

texan@texas,removethisbit,.usa.com February 22nd, 2004 03:39 AM

wrote:

All other things being equal (price, time, route) which would you prefer to
fly?

Qantas [because it's a partner airline to Continental and I can gain
miles on my frequent flier membership.]

Cath

wendy February 22nd, 2004 03:57 AM

Air New Zealand vs. Qantas

I've never flown Qantas so I am bias, but I hated Air New Zealand when we
flew to LA with them. The service was the worst I have ever experienced and
the food was only just edible!
wendy
--
--------------------------------------
šoš Going to WDW December '04

"steve" wrote in message
james_anatidae wrote:

All other things being equal (price, time, route) which would you prefer
to fly?

Air NZ.

We own it.

A Mate February 22nd, 2004 04:08 AM

Air New Zealand vs. Qantas

Smoking!!?? Sheesh - ancient history!

Qantas has newer aircraft; better safety record!

"Laurie Fleming" wrote in message
In article ,
"james_anatidae" wrote:

[...]

Gurble February 22nd, 2004 04:53 AM

Air New Zealand vs. Qantas

On Sun, 22 Feb 2004 03:57:00 GMT, "wendy"
wrote:

I've never flown Qantas so I am bias, but I hated Air New Zealand when we
flew to LA with them. The service was the worst I have ever experienced and
the food was only just edible!
wendy

Interesting. Last time I flew to LA (via AirNZ) the food was actually
great (but the service was crap, as you have said).

Brian Harmer February 22nd, 2004 04:56 AM

Air New Zealand vs. Qantas

wrote:

I've never flown Qantas so I am bias, but I hated Air New Zealand when we
flew to LA with them. The service was the worst I have ever experienced and
the food was only just edible!
wendy

Interesting. Last time I flew to LA (via AirNZ) the food was actually
great (but the service was crap, as you have said).

I haven't travelled internationally since the great financial
setbacks, but all my prior experience was of superb and friendly
service from Air New Zealand, in comparison with terse offhand
treatment from the jaded staff in Qantas cabins.