TravelBanter

-   Australia & New Zealand (http://www.travelbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Perth to Broome - September (http://www.travelbanter.com/showthread.php?t=155663)

Kerry Raymond July 18th, 2009 11:51 PM

Perth to Broome - September

We are planning to drive from Perth to Broome in Sept (in a conventional
sedan, not 4WD).

Any particular personal favourites to see/do along this route? We have a
guidebook, so we know about the big drawcards - Monkey Mia, etc.

Thanks

Kerry

John H July 19th, 2009 11:08 AM

Perth to Broome - September

Masses of wildflowers along the roadside as you drive in September.
So take your digital camera and drive at a reasonable pace as you can miss
them if you dont keep a good look out.

"Kerry raymond" wrote in message
We are planning to drive from Perth to Broome in Sept (in a conventional
sedan, not 4WD).

Any particular personal favourites to see/do along this route? We have a
guidebook, so we know about the big drawcards - Monkey Mia, etc.

Thanks

Kerry

Gerrit July 19th, 2009 12:10 PM

Perth to Broome - September

"Kerry raymond" wrote in message
We are planning to drive from Perth to Broome in Sept (in a conventional
sedan, not 4WD).

Any particular personal favourites to see/do along this route? We have a
guidebook, so we know about the big drawcards - Monkey Mia, etc.

Thanks

Kerry

Kalbarrie (including the national park - lots of wildflowers)
Monkey Mia is overrated and a long way from the main road.
Coral Bay or Ningaloo
Exmouth including Cape Range National Park on the ocean side
Karajini National Park - must do - deep gorges
80 mile beach caravan park - see if you can rent a cabin for a few days to a
week.

A Mate[_2_] July 20th, 2009 01:56 AM

Perth to Broome - September

Lots to see on the way - most of which I'm sure is covered in your guide
Book.

The road is sealed all the way, and fairly heavily trafficed - a standard
sedan is fine. Fuel, food and accommodation are readily available over the
whole route.