TravelBanter

-   Air travel (http://www.travelbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Go, Aloha, Hawaiian, or Island? (http://www.travelbanter.com/showthread.php?t=129788)

[email protected] January 18th, 2008 04:48 AM

Go, Aloha, Hawaiian, or Island?

Hey Everyone

I am planning a trip to Hawaii and will spending time on more than one
island. Just wondering which airline I should select for my inter-
island flight, Go, Hawaiian, Aloha, or Island?

Thanks
HBS

Mr. Travel January 18th, 2008 05:28 AM

Go, Aloha, Hawaiian, or Island?

wrote:

Hey Everyone

I am planning a trip to Hawaii and will spending time on more than one
island. Just wondering which airline I should select for my inter-
island flight, Go, Hawaiian, Aloha, or Island?

The trips between islands aren't really that far for it to matter much.

Pierre Dragh January 18th, 2008 09:13 AM

Go, Aloha, Hawaiian, or Island?

Just flew inter island last week, prices seem to about the same, but
Hawaiian seem to be on time more than the others
Pierre

wrote in message
Hey Everyone

I am planning a trip to Hawaii and will spending time on more than one
island. Just wondering which airline I should select for my inter-
island flight, Go, Hawaiian, Aloha, or Island?

Thanks
HBS

Brian[_1_] January 19th, 2008 01:27 AM

Go, Aloha, Hawaiian, or Island?

On Thu, 17 Jan 2008 20:48:39 -0800 (PST), wrote:

Hey Everyone

I am planning a trip to Hawaii and will spending time on more than one
island. Just wondering which airline I should select for my inter-
island flight, Go, Hawaiian, Aloha, or Island?

Thanks
HBS

It's been a while since we've been so this may have changed but some
airlines fly larger planes than others. For us that made a difference
since my wife won't fly commuter planes.

[email protected][_1_] January 19th, 2008 02:55 AM

Go, Aloha, Hawaiian, or Island?

On Jan 18, 6:27*pm, Brian wrote:
On Thu, 17 Jan 2008 20:48:39 -0800 (PST), wrote:
Hey Everyone

I am planning a trip to Hawaii and will spending time on more than one
island. Just wondering which airline I should select for my inter-
island flight, Go, Hawaiian, Aloha, or Island?

Thanks
HBS

It's been a while since we've been so this may have changed but some
airlines fly larger planes than others. For us that made a difference
since my wife won't fly commuter planes.

I am planning a trip to Hawaii for this coming may was thinking about
using a commuter airline like GO. I say this simply, as it may be
quicker (smaller plane, smaller terminal, and so on).

Michael

Mr. Travel January 19th, 2008 07:48 AM

Go, Aloha, Hawaiian, or Island?

Brian wrote:

On Thu, 17 Jan 2008 20:48:39 -0800 (PST), wrote:

Hey Everyone

I am planning a trip to Hawaii and will spending time on more than one
island. Just wondering which airline I should select for my inter-
island flight, Go, Hawaiian, Aloha, or Island?

Thanks
HBS

It's been a while since we've been so this may have changed but some
airlines fly larger planes than others. For us that made a difference
since my wife won't fly commuter planes.

I remember it wasn't a commuter plane that had part of the fuselage rip
away on an Hawaian flight.

Jeff[_16_] January 19th, 2008 03:03 PM

Go, Aloha, Hawaiian, or Island?

"Brian" wrote in message
On Thu, 17 Jan 2008 20:48:39 -0800 (PST), wrote:

Hey Everyone

I am planning a trip to Hawaii and will spending time on more than one
island. Just wondering which airline I should select for my inter-
island flight, Go, Hawaiian, Aloha, or Island?

Thanks
HBS

It's been a while since we've been so this may have changed but some
airlines fly larger planes than others. For us that made a difference
since my wife won't fly commuter planes.

You're talking 30 minute flights here, so even "bad" wouldn't be.
Generally, you may want to stay with Hawaiian or Aloha as (1) they interline
with your mainland-to-Hawaii carrier, (2) you can collect mileage points on
partner airlines, (3) they fly 717's (Hawaiian) and 737's (Aloha) rather
than commuter CRJ's (Go!) or Dash 8's (Island). Fares are pretty close on
each.

Between Honolulu and Maui, you may also want to consider the Super Ferry
service which takes about 4 hours.

Brian[_1_] January 19th, 2008 11:27 PM

Go, Aloha, Hawaiian, or Island?

On Fri, 18 Jan 2008 23:48:23 -0800, "Mr. Travel" wrote:

I remember it wasn't a commuter plane that had part of the fuselage rip
away on an Hawaian flight.

It wasn't but that was an unusual incident. It hasn't been a problem
arranging flights on a carrier that uses larger planes so it's not
worth fighting the fight. I never researched it but we usually travel
with the maximum amount of luggage and I don't know if that would be a
problem on a commuter plane.

We've never had to fly a commuter plane anywhere so I'm not familiar
with them.

auzerais310 tw January 20th, 2008 03:50 AM

Go, Aloha, Hawaiian, or Island?

I remember it wasn't a commuter plane
that had part of the fuselage rip away on
an Hawaian flight.

Yeah, but the pax certainly had a spectacular view of the island
scenery.
Can't imagine why more airlines haven't adopted the same 'open canopy'
service.

Pro January 20th, 2008 05:35 AM

Go, Aloha, Hawaiian, or Island?

Stick with Aloha Hawaiian or Island Air.
GO! (mesa airlines) lost a lawsuit to the tune of 90 million dollars
recently to Hawaiian.
If your Go flight can not fly for any reason, YOU ARE S.O.L.
They have no interisland codeshare with the majors.
None will do any sort of interline agreement with GO.
That means they will not tranfer you to another airline and you cannot
transfer luggage like the other will do for one another.
I HAD to fly GO! once and it was fine in the air, but the seats are
TINY and in Oahu you use the commuter terminal which means u walk
outside onto the tarmac and up stairs to your plane (even in the
rain).
with Aloha you can get Aloha or United miles
Hawaiian I believe is American or Hawaiian miles

I live in Hawaii and only use Aloha Hawaiian or Island Air in that
order.