TravelBanter

-   Cruises (http://www.travelbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Galaxy, 4/26/04 sailing. Trip report (http://www.travelbanter.com/showthread.php?t=26513)

Surfer E2468 May 18th, 2004 01:36 AM

Galaxy, 4/26/04 sailing. Trip report

Does the GALAXY have a promenade deck with lounges where you can sit and
enjoy the ocean view?
Surfer e2468

Diva May 18th, 2004 02:06 AM

Galaxy, 4/26/04 sailing. Trip report

No. There is a deck where the jogging track is above the pool area but it's
mostly in the sun. Then there is an area around the funnel, but there is a
lot of soot coming out of the funnel there, and it's very windy. There is no
promenade as on the HAL ships where you can relax in the shade and watch the
ocean go by -- one of my favorite pasttimes on ships.

June

"Surfer E2468" wrote in message
Does the GALAXY have a promenade deck with lounges where you can sit and
enjoy the ocean view?
Surfer e2468

Jeff Coudriet May 18th, 2004 02:33 AM

Galaxy, 4/26/04 sailing. Trip report

Not all the way around, but plenty big enough for lots of relaxing. On
the Galaxy there are also tiered small deck spaces aft on many of the
floors above the promenade level. Nice little hideway spaces with
lounge chairs.

Jeff

Surfer E2468 wrote:

Does the GALAXY have a promenade deck with lounges where you can sit and
enjoy the ocean view?
Surfer e2468

Howie May 18th, 2004 02:40 AM

Diva wrote:

No. There is a deck where the jogging track is above the pool area but it's
mostly in the sun. Then there is an area around the funnel, but there is a
lot of soot coming out of the funnel there, and it's very windy. There is no
promenade as on the HAL ships where you can relax in the shade and watch the
ocean go by -- one of my favorite pasttimes on ships.

June

Yes, there is an outside covered deck, but I don't believe that you can
walk all around it, as it is blocked by the show lounge on the bow. You
can certainly relax in the shade out there and watch the ocean go by.

Howie - Been on the Galaxy three times.

Howie May 18th, 2004 02:47 AM

Jeff Coudriet wrote:

Not all the way around, but plenty big enough for lots of relaxing. On
the Galaxy there are also tiered small deck spaces aft on many of the
floors above the promenade level. Nice little hideway spaces with
lounge chairs.

Yes, those spaces on the stern, are particularly nice for a late night
rendezvous with the wake and stars.

Howie

Jeff

Surfer E2468 wrote:

Does the GALAXY have a promenade deck with lounges where you can sit and
enjoy the ocean view?
Surfer e2468

Bob G. May 21st, 2004 05:36 AM

Galaxy, 4/26/04 sailing. Trip report

Yes, those spaces on the stern, are particularly nice for a late night
rendezvous with the wake and stars.

Howie

=======================================

Sailed on the Galaxy in early April and USED the Stern deck area on
deck 9 every single morning and evening... just my wife and I
....never had a problem finding a seat (and there was only one table
on each side of the ship...

And I was worried about getting a cabin so far aft.... lol...I think I
will request one back there the next cruise...

Bob Griffiths

Howie May 21st, 2004 01:38 PM

Bob G. wrote:

Yes, those spaces on the stern, are particularly nice for a late night
rendezvous with the wake and stars.

Howie

Sailed on the Galaxy in early April and USED the Stern deck area on
deck 9 every single morning and evening... just my wife and I
...never had a problem finding a seat (and there was only one table
on each side of the ship...

And I was worried about getting a cabin so far aft.... lol...I think I
will request one back there the next cruise...

Bob Griffiths

Sweet.

Howie