TravelBanter

-   Asia (http://www.travelbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   hotels in Beijing, China (http://www.travelbanter.com/showthread.php?t=30464)

[email protected] June 25th, 2004 07:21 PM

hotels in Beijing, China

We are going to visit Beijing China in early August. We are trying to
find a 4-star to 5-star hotel (2 adults, 2 kids) that near by Tianmen,
wangfujing, etc... Also, do you pre-book your room in the US? If so,
how? on the internet? Are the rooms guaranteed? Any input on that is
appreciated.

Charles Anderson June 30th, 2004 01:24 PM

hotels in Beijing, China

Hi

I recently stayed in the Rainbow(Bei Wei) Hotel in Beijing, and I can
recommend it. There are actually 2 hotels side by side, one more budget
oriented, the other probably 4 star. It was a very nice hotel, with a couple
of restaurants inside(Japanese & Western) a coffee shop, a 10 pin bowling
alley and pool tables and of course, karaoke. Plenty of other food available
nearby. Was about 20 minutes walk south of Tiananmen Square and only about
10 minutes to the Temple of Heaven(Taintan Park). They have a website at
www.rainbowhotel.com.cn. I was on a tour so it was all booked by the tour
company, but you can reserve rooms on their website, but you should be able
to get a travel agent to book on your behalf.

Good luck, and enjoy Beijing. It's a truly wonderful city.

Cheers
Charles

om...