TravelBanter

-   Europe (http://www.travelbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Azerbaijan (http://www.travelbanter.com/showthread.php?t=30028)

Ben Smith June 20th, 2004 08:58 PM

Azerbaijan

Can anybody tell me where Azerbaijan is?. Is it in/near Morocco?. As
im thinking about going to Azerbaijan VS England on Wednesday 13th
October 2004.

Many Thanks,

Ben Smith

roy king June 20th, 2004 09:15 PM

Azerbaijan

Unless my old atlas is mistaken,Azerbaijan is on the Capian Sea and was one
of the Soviet republics.It is nearer to China than Morocco!

Roy

devil June 20th, 2004 11:23 PM

Azerbaijan

On Sun, 20 Jun 2004 21:15:03 +0100, roy king wrote:

Unless my old atlas is mistaken,Azerbaijan is on the Capian Sea and was one
of the Soviet republics.It is nearer to China than Morocco!

Remember the Armenian invasion of pieces of Azervbaijan, after the fall of
the Soviet empire?

Archie Leach June 21st, 2004 12:02 AM

Azerbaijan

On 20 Jun 2004 12:58:52 -0700, (Ben Smith)
wrote:

Can anybody tell me where Azerbaijan is?. Is it in/near Morocco?. As
im thinking about going to Azerbaijan VS England on Wednesday 13th
October 2004.

Many Thanks,

Ben Smith

Wow, such command of world geography.

Maybe, if prompted, you can figure out how to locate Canada on a map,
while you're at it.

* * *
* * * A N O T H E R
* * * Q U A L I T Y
* * * A R C H I E
* * * L E A C H
* * * U S E N E T
* * * T E X T
* * * P R O D U C T
* * *

Arwel Parry June 21st, 2004 01:09 AM

Azerbaijan

In message , Ben Smith
writes
Can anybody tell me where Azerbaijan is?. Is it in/near Morocco?. As
im thinking about going to Azerbaijan VS England on Wednesday 13th
October 2004.

Good grief! No it's nowhere near Morocco. It's on the Caspian Sea, next
to Iran. It's a 5.5 - 6.5 hour flight from London, and Expedia quotes a
direct flight on BA for £866.70 return, or nearly £1700 for a flight via
BA and Lufthansa changing in Frankfurt !!

They used to use the Russian alphabet for their language, which is
related to Turkish, but switched to an adapted Western alphabet (some
odd characters there!) once they became independent... this leads to
some interesting spellings on TV match coverage, "Ryan Giggs" became
"Rayan Qiqqs" for instance...

Bet England won't beat the 4 goal Wales scored when they played in Baku,
anyway!

--
Arwel Parry
http://www.cartref.demon.co.uk/

Schizoid Man June 21st, 2004 01:28 AM

Azerbaijan

"Ben Smith" wrote in message

Can anybody tell me where Azerbaijan is?. Is it in/near Morocco?. As
im thinking about going to Azerbaijan VS England on Wednesday 13th
October 2004.

This is a joke, right? You want to go to Azerbaijan and want to learn about
it's geographic location by posting a message on a newsgroup? What are you
going to ask for next - eastery recommendations in Baku?

Schizoid Man June 21st, 2004 01:38 AM

Azerbaijan

"Schizoid Man" wrote in message

"Ben Smith" wrote in message

Can anybody tell me where Azerbaijan is?. Is it in/near Morocco?. As
im thinking about going to Azerbaijan VS England on Wednesday 13th
October 2004.

This is a joke, right? You want to go to Azerbaijan and want to learn

about
it's geographic location by posting a message on a newsgroup? What are you
going to ask for next - eastery recommendations in Baku?

Also, Ben, since you are going to watch England play Azerbaijan, you
probably do know that Azerbaijan is a country.

Therefore, Azerbaijan cannot be 'in' Morocco, which also happens to be a
country incidentally. I think it's on the Atlantic, a few miles off the
coast of Tiera del Fuego I believe.

Bordon Is Gone June 21st, 2004 06:52 AM

Azerbaijan

(Ben Smith) wrote in message om...
Can anybody tell me where Azerbaijan is?. Is it in/near Morocco?. As
im thinking about going to Azerbaijan VS England on Wednesday 13th
October 2004.

That is small , very sensitive area, between certain two orifices in a lass' body.

Hint: It is not between her nostrils!

Diabolik June 21st, 2004 07:28 AM

Azerbaijan

"Ben Smith" wrote in message
m...
Can anybody tell me where Azerbaijan is?. Is it in/near Morocco?. As
im thinking about going to Azerbaijan VS England on Wednesday 13th
October 2004.

It's near Europe and Asia.

Ramstone June 21st, 2004 07:32 AM

Azerbaijan

Sez Bordon Is Gone
(Ben Smith) wrote in message
om...
Can anybody tell me where Azerbaijan is?

That is small , very sensitive area, between certain two orifices in a
lass' body.

Hint: It is not between her nostrils!

Between her ears?

--
"Why should Rooney have jumped? It was a friendly." - Grant Flowers