TravelBanter

-   Cruises (http://www.travelbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Ba Flight Up Grade Help (http://www.travelbanter.com/showthread.php?t=39543)

LoveGod August 21st, 2004 10:12 AM

Ba Flight Up Grade Help

Hi
Can you tell me if the £600 for a upgrade to World Traveller Plus (BA) is a
good deal.
We sail uk/new york on QM2 and have been offed this deal or shall we put the
money into a qm2 cabin up grade.
thanks
ksh

15 cruises on cunard QE2/QM2/Carona and never got a free upgraded.

OcnGypZ August 21st, 2004 01:37 PM

Subject: Ba Flight Up Grade Help
From: "LoveGod"

No, it's not worth the upgrade to World Traveller Plus versus upgrading your
stateroom.

The flight is only "x" amount of hours........the cruise is days... and nights
long.

Babette

Zegarskis August 21st, 2004 04:02 PM

"LoveGod" , asked:

Can you tell me if the £600 for a upgrade to World Traveller Plus (BA) is a
good deal.
We sail uk/new york on QM2 and have been offed this deal or shall we put the
money into a qm2 cabin up grade.
thanks
ksh

Hi ksh,

I haven't flown in BA's Traveller Plus, but based on comparison of travel time
for flight NYC to London versus cruise time UK to NYC, I think I would put the
money toward a cabin upgrade (if also included Dining Room upgrade), or use the
money for wine at dinner and pocket the difference.

Ray in NH

Wishing light winds and smooth seas to all

Zegarskis August 21st, 2004 04:02 PM

"LoveGod" , asked:

Can you tell me if the £600 for a upgrade to World Traveller Plus (BA) is a
good deal.
We sail uk/new york on QM2 and have been offed this deal or shall we put the
money into a qm2 cabin up grade.
thanks
ksh

Hi ksh,

I haven't flown in BA's Traveller Plus, but based on comparison of travel time
for flight NYC to London versus cruise time UK to NYC, I think I would put the
money toward a cabin upgrade (if also included Dining Room upgrade), or use the
money for wine at dinner and pocket the difference.

Ray in NH

Wishing light winds and smooth seas to all

Harry Jones August 21st, 2004 06:01 PM

While you do not specify, if the
L600 is each, the air upgrade
is definitely not worth it. If it is
per person, it is more of a tossup.
BA's World Traveller Plus is only
"premium" economy, not business class. All you really get is a bit more
seat room. (on the order
of seven seats across instead
of nine, and five rows in the space taken up by six). I don't think it is
worth it. Use the funds for a cabin upgrade only if it is something
significant, like an upgrade to a higher-grade eating venue. Dont waste it
just to go up a deck or two.