TravelBanter

-   Africa (http://www.travelbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Retiring to Africa (http://www.travelbanter.com/showthread.php?t=459)

[email protected] February 25th, 2004 02:56 AM

Retiring to Africa

How would Ghana compare to the Philippines as a place to retire for one on
a limited income? Mostly I'm seeking the easiest place in terms of visa requirements
and renewals, cheap rental of a modest apartment and the availability of good
medical care. Can anyone fill me in? One of the advantages I see in Ghana is
that their culture appears to be closer to Western culture; I hear they respect
older people? BTW, I'm a white guy.