TravelBanter

-   Europe (http://www.travelbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Italy Hotel Ratings (http://www.travelbanter.com/showthread.php?t=9719)

gerald September 11th, 2003 12:08 PM

Italy Hotel Ratings

Venere works fine, however the conformation comes from the hotel, not
venere. After reserving, I have always contacted the hotel to get
hard copy fax conformation.

I have not found many "deals" on venere. One must go to other sites
for such offers.

Venere is great for searching for 4-10 people in a room. Most other
sites stop at 3, and quads in Italy are very rare.

On Thu, 11 Sep 2003 07:51:07 -0500, "Stephen Ellenson"
wrote:

Thank you all for your fine suggestions. I think we are paring it down to a
3 star in the area of the Pantheon, Navona, Spanish Steps, or Trevi. (I'm
still intrigued by the Hotel Arenula, thanks for the tip Barbara) Many of
the hotels and reviews I'm finding have been via www.venere.com. Has anyone
had any experience, good or bad, using their site and/or service?