TravelBanter

-   Travel Marketplace (http://www.travelbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   New Agent- What is best strategy (http://www.travelbanter.com/showthread.php?t=148253)

pete January 6th, 2009 12:21 AM

New Agent- What is best strategy

I am a new agent in Canada and I have a question: How do you make
money in this business. Our agency specializes in cruises, but offers
regular travel products from all of the popular suppliers. It has a
broad based appeal. I am an independent operator who has access to a
strip mall office (commission only) and who may work from home as
well.

I suspect that the way to make money and really enjoy the business is
to specialize- cooking tours to Tuscany, Tantra tours to india, sports
tours etc. The focus is much narrower and the ability to service
clients is an inportant aspect.

My question again is how to make money. Should you specialize and can
this still be done within an established agency? If so, any
experiences that may be helpful on the specialization route (how to
market etc.)

gdiska January 6th, 2009 10:22 AM

New Agent- What is best strategy

Hello,

Maybe you are interesting in partipating at http://www.bidai.info
travel portal where you may post about your travel services.

Have a good day!