TravelBanter

-   All-inclusive Resorts (http://www.travelbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   cuba resorts (http://www.travelbanter.com/showthread.php?t=32672)

SaM July 15th, 2004 12:07 AM

cuba resorts

which is a good place for a couple to go to? in late 20's? any comments on
these places would be appreciated!

1. breezes Varedaro
2. breezes Jicacoa
3. Sandals hicocos
4. Beaches Varedaro

Sam

Todd Moysychyn July 18th, 2004 08:32 PM

cuba resorts

Sam,

If you haven't already, check out Debbies Caribbean Resort Reviews.

http://www.debbiescaribbeanresortreviews.com/

Lots of good info and helpful reviews.

As for your specific question - any all inclusive can be good it all depends
on the mix of guests at
the time. I've stayed at Superclubs Breezes Varadero several times, so I
can only directly comment
on it. Some weeks were a party some were quiet. It all depends on what the
two of you want
to do.

Do you research, decide what qualities you want in a resort (scuba, good
disco) and what qualities
you don't want in a resort (ie: no kids under 16). Use the reviews to
determine what resort best
meets the your needs.

Have a great holiday!

TT

"SaM" wrote in message ...
which is a good place for a couple to go to? in late 20's? any comments

on
these places would be appreciated!

1. breezes Varedaro
2. breezes Jicacoa
3. Sandals hicocos
4. Beaches Varedaro

Sam

FeAudrey July 23rd, 2004 01:00 PM

cuba resorts

A few Cuba links, different from the usual posted he

Human Rights Watch:

http://hrw.org/doc?t=americas&c=cuba

Amnesty International:

http://web.amnesty.org/report2004/cub-summary-eng

State Department's list of state sponsors of terrorism

http://www.state.gov/s/ct/rls/pgtrpt/2003/31644pf.htm

Also, keep in mind that Cuba has food (and other) rationing. Visitors are
exempt. This means that you can have what you want, and what's left over is
divided up among the actual Cubans.

I'd advise considering Jamaica, one of the few Caribbean countries that has
never considered itself too poor to afford two (or more!) political parties.

--
Visit my Iron Age Pages for technical and fun stuff (holiday specials, too)!
http://pages.prodigy.net/fea