TravelBanter

-   Europe (http://www.travelbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Online travel bookings (http://www.travelbanter.com/showthread.php?t=94817)

[email protected] August 5th, 2006 01:52 PM

Online travel bookings

In article ,
(mini Mini) wrote:

*From:* mini Mini
*Date:* 5 Aug 2006 12:48:43 +0200

wrote in
:

In article . com,
(Nadeene) wrote:

*From:* "Nadeene"
*Date:* 4 Aug 2006 07:22:49 -0700

Both, but more often online.

So which is your favourite site for online bookings? I think it's an
interesting topic to discuss about and I promise not to mention the
g--- word in here anymore, ok? *SMILE*.

Fair enough. ;)

I tend to check out lastminute.com and expedia.co.uk, more often
actually booking through the former. I also use hostelbookers.com and
laterooms.com occasionally, and of course sometimes book directly with
airlines/hotels.

I've never found a good price on lastminute. I find they are too
expensive unfortunately. I'm guessing it's because they are in GBP?

Could be. I've got some pretty good hotel deals on lastminute, though
rarely much saving on flights. Sometimes, though, dealing with a site
where you've already registered your personal and credit-card details is
just easier than starting from scratch, so I've bought air tickets from
lastminute even when they were no cheaper than the airline.