TravelBanter

-   Europe (http://www.travelbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Suggestions for London (http://www.travelbanter.com/showthread.php?t=152354)

Mark A.Meggs April 22nd, 2009 01:42 AM

Suggestions for London

On Mon, 20 Apr 2009 22:31:56 -0400, Stan Horwitz
wrote:

Hi everyone;

I just booked a trip to England. I was supposed to go to Ireland in June
with three friends, but I decided I really wanted to spend some time in
London and Norwich instead. My friends and I will still meet up in
Liverpool because we have tickets to a show there that we bought online
back in October.

Anyway, I will be spending two nights in London. The purpose of this
visit is to see the usual tourist sites such as Buckingham Palace, Big
Ben, the Millennium Wheel, etc. and shoot as many digital photos as my
camera's memory card will hold.

I figured that one night, I will treat myself to a leisurely dinner and
take the load off my feet for a little while. I have a hotel room
reserved close to Victoria Station. I am wondering if any of my rfc
friends can suggest a nice, but not too expensive and fairly quiet
restaurant where I can sit and enjoy a nice meal and read a local
newspaper. No Indian restaurants please. Something very British is what
I am interested in.

The hotel where I will be staying offers a pretty good continental
breakfast, so I am not interested in finding any breakfast spots, but if
anyone has any suggestions on a good lunch place in that area, let me
know.

I intend to visit relatives who live in Norwich when I leave London.
They'll probably want to make me dinner for the two nights I am there
and tell me their favorite lunch place in Norwich.

When I get to Liverpool, I mainly want to see the Beetles Museum. I will
be meeting three friends and I figure I will just tag along with
whatever they want to do, but I expect them to be interested in seeing
the Beetles Museum too.

By the way, if any of you want to see the photos from this trip, write
to me via private email. My email address is in the header of this
message. I will have a laptop and Internet access during my trip and two
digital cameras. I maintain a mailing list of about 150 people who have
asked me to share my photos with them. I would be glad to add any rfc
friends to my list. I am also on facebook, and I will post my photos
there too.

2 suggestions (not places to eat) -

Check out Congo Kid's London restaurant reviews www.congokid.com

Post your question to to rec.travel.europe