TravelBanter

-   USA & Canada (http://www.travelbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Need postcards for a 2nd grade class (http://www.travelbanter.com/showthread.php?t=17928)

Bill December 9th, 2003 11:48 PM

Need postcards for a 2nd grade class

If I offend anyone with a request from this group, I apologize.

A good friend of mine who lives in St. Louis has a son in the 2nd
grade. His class is collecting postcards from around the country for
them to put up on a large map for a discussion of the United States.

If you would, send him a postcard from your city or state.

Lee Wolff
c/o Mrs. Williams
2400 Hwy 61
Festus, MO 63028

Thanks to everyone and have a happy holiday
Bill (Las Vegas)

Peter L December 10th, 2003 01:22 AM

Need postcards for a 2nd grade class

The last time someone requested this they were so overwhelmed with cards
they have to ask for people to stop. But the nature of the internet being
what it is, it became an impossible task as people repost the request over
and over again.

It's too late now, but lesson is never post your mailing address on a
discussion group.

"Bill" wrote in message
m...
If I offend anyone with a request from this group, I apologize.

A good friend of mine who lives in St. Louis has a son in the 2nd
grade. His class is collecting postcards from around the country for
them to put up on a large map for a discussion of the United States.

If you would, send him a postcard from your city or state.

Lee Wolff
c/o Mrs. Williams
2400 Hwy 61
Festus, MO 63028

Thanks to everyone and have a happy holiday
Bill (Las Vegas)

Ken December 10th, 2003 02:03 AM

Need postcards for a 2nd grade class

(Bill) wrote in news:b4f9d66d.0312091548.9013102
@posting.google.com:
A good friend of mine who lives in St. Louis has a son in the 2nd
grade. His class is collecting postcards from around the country for
them to put up on a large map for a discussion of the United States.

If this request is serious, it should have included a phone number so people
can verify it before responding and/or passing it on. On the other hand,
many of these requests are frauds and should just be ignored.

Shashay Doofray December 10th, 2003 02:10 AM

"Bill" wrote in message
m...
If I offend anyone with a request from this group, I apologize.

A good friend of mine who lives in St. Louis has a son in the 2nd
grade. His class is collecting postcards from around the country for
them to put up on a large map for a discussion of the United States.

If you would, send him a postcard from your city or state.

Lee Wolff
c/o Mrs. Williams
2400 Hwy 61
Festus, MO 63028

Thanks to everyone and have a happy holiday
Bill (Las Vegas)

It's good to see that the educational system is actually trying to teach the
kids something for a change.

But since you live in Missouri, I don't suppose I will participate.

SD
from Missouri

none December 10th, 2003 02:38 AM

Need postcards for a 2nd grade class

Also looks like he used his real email address also. Spam city here you
come!~

"Bill" wrote in message
m...
If I offend anyone with a request from this group, I apologize.

A good friend of mine who lives in St. Louis has a son in the 2nd
grade. His class is collecting postcards from around the country for
them to put up on a large map for a discussion of the United States.

If you would, send him a postcard from your city or state.

Lee Wolff
c/o Mrs. Williams
2400 Hwy 61
Festus, MO 63028

Thanks to everyone and have a happy holiday
Bill (Las Vegas)

alohacyberian December 10th, 2003 09:10 AM

"none" wrote in message
Also looks like he used his real email address also. Spam city here you
come!~

Don't be silly, he used the address of the school. KM
--
(-:alohacyberian:-) At my website there are 3000 live cameras or
visit NASA, play games, read jokes, send greeting cards & connect

Gregory Morrow December 10th, 2003 09:12 PM

Shashay Doofray wrote:

But since you live in Missouri, I don't suppose I will participate.

SD
from Missouri

When I first started visiting friends in St. Louis about ten years ago, I
honestly that the town name Festus was a joke. It's not.

[The most BORING newsgroup ever has to stl.general....]

Don't get me started on Missouri :-| It's the only place I've ever feared
for my own life....

--
Best
Greg

fishman December 10th, 2003 10:11 PM

Need postcards for a 2nd grade class

"Gregory Morrow" wrote in message
ink.net...

Shashay Doofray wrote:

But since you live in Missouri, I don't suppose I will participate.

SD
from Missouri

When I first started visiting friends in St. Louis about ten years ago, I
honestly that the town name Festus was a joke. It's not.

Of course it's not a joke - it's right there between Crystal City & Pevely,
down the road from Arnold and north of Kimmswick.

Chris

Shashay Doofray December 11th, 2003 04:19 AM

Shashay Doofray wrote:

But since you live in Missouri, I don't suppose I will participate.

SD
from Missouri

When I first started visiting friends in St. Louis about ten years ago, I
honestly that the town name Festus was a joke. It's not.

[The most BORING newsgroup ever has to stl.general....]

Don't get me started on Missouri :-| It's the only place I've ever feared
for my own life....

--

No way? Where, exactly WERE you in Missouri? I've never felt that way even
in St. Louis or Kansas City. You must have been in the "really, really" bad

SD

alohacyberian December 11th, 2003 09:57 AM

Shashay Doofray wrote:
But since you live in Missouri, I don't suppose I will participate.

SD
from Missouri

When I first started visiting friends in St. Louis about ten years ago, I
honestly that the town name Festus was a joke. It's not.

[The most BORING newsgroup ever has to stl.general....]

Don't get me started on Missouri :-| It's the only place I've ever

feared
for my own life....

No way? Where, exactly WERE you in Missouri? I've never felt that way

even
in St. Louis or Kansas City. You must have been in the "really, really"

bad
part of town.

SD

Ever been to East St. Louis? KM