TravelBanter

-   Europe (http://www.travelbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Car hire Malaga airport (http://www.travelbanter.com/showthread.php?t=84863)

kate.tomlinson March 5th, 2006 10:46 PM

Car hire Malaga airport

Hi

Can anyone give any recommendations for car hire companies operating at
Malaga airport.

TIA

--
Kate

Traveller March 5th, 2006 11:44 PM

Car hire Malaga airport

"kate.tomlinson" wrote in message
Hi

Can anyone give any recommendations for car hire companies operating at
Malaga airport.

These guys use one of the majors (or a Spanish national company) and are
good value: http://www.amigoautos.com/

Rented from them in Palma a couple of years back, decent price, got the
vehicle reserved, no dramas.

Mike @ www.zd8i.net March 6th, 2006 08:29 AM

Car hire Malaga airport

"kate.tomlinson" wrote:

Hi

Can anyone give any recommendations for car hire companies operating at
Malaga airport.

TIA

www.all-inclusive-car-hire.com

The Reid March 6th, 2006 11:10 AM

Car hire Malaga airport

Following up to kate.tomlinson

Can anyone give any recommendations for car hire companies operating at
Malaga airport.

Crown are an off site company, probably will have a decent price.
--
Mike Reid
Walk-eat-photos UK "http://www.fellwalk.co.uk" -- you can email us@ this site

Nige March 6th, 2006 01:09 PM

Car hire Malaga airport

"The Reid" wrote in message
Following up to kate.tomlinson

Can anyone give any recommendations for car hire companies operating at
Malaga airport.

Crown are an off site company, probably will have a decent price.
--
Mike Reid
Walk-eat-photos UK "http://www.fellwalk.co.uk" -- you can email us@ this
site
Walk-eat-photos Spain "http://www.fell-walker.co.uk" -- dontuse@ all,
it's a spamtrap

Must be some time since you rented out of Malaga. CROWNCARHIRE.com was
offsite (on the approach road into the airport) until about 3 years ago when
they took over the BUDGET desk in the airport basement Rental hall where
most of the household name rental companies are situated. So they are now
very much part of the competition and they can get very busy because people
like www.carjet.co.uk (excellent rental broker) have used them a lot.
Nowadays booking through Carjet (also known as All Inclusive) can mean not
being allocated a CROWN car but one from CENTAURO or another. Ceratinly
Crown has expanded greatly in recent years and now have a large prescence in
Andalucia having bases all over the region. I have rented from CROWN several
times and occasionally have done a pick up in one place and drop off in
another. For example fly into Seville and fly out of Malaga.

The Reid March 6th, 2006 01:49 PM

Car hire Malaga airport

Following up to Nige

Must be some time since you rented out of Malaga. CROWNCARHIRE.com was
offsite (on the approach road into the airport) until about 3 years ago when

I suspect more than 3 years ago in that case, although I don't
use them nowadays.
--
Mike Reid
Walk-eat-photos UK "http://www.fellwalk.co.uk" -- you can email us@ this site
Walk-eat-photos Spain "http://www.fell-walker.co.uk" -- dontuse@ all, it's a spamtrap

Nige March 6th, 2006 06:18 PM

Car hire Malaga airport

"The Reid" wrote in message
Following up to Nige

Must be some time since you rented out of Malaga. CROWNCARHIRE.com was
offsite (on the approach road into the airport) until about 3 years ago
when

I suspect more than 3 years ago in that case, although I don't
use them nowadays.

so who do you use these days and why ?

The Reid March 6th, 2006 07:15 PM

Car hire Malaga airport

Following up to Nige

I suspect more than 3 years ago in that case, although I don't
use them nowadays.

so who do you use these days and why ?

usually Europcar, as we like the Audis, VW Golfs sometimes BMWs
they seem to do (IIRC they belong to VW group)
--
Mike Reid
Walk-eat-photos UK "http://www.fellwalk.co.uk" -- you can email us@ this site
Walk-eat-photos Spain "http://www.fell-walker.co.uk" -- dontuse@ all, it's a spamtrap

Russell March 6th, 2006 09:06 PM

Car hire Malaga airport

"The Reid" wrote in message
Following up to Nige

I suspect more than 3 years ago in that case, although I don't
use them nowadays.

so who do you use these days and why ?

usually Europcar, as we like the Audis, VW Golfs sometimes BMWs
they seem to do (IIRC they belong to VW group)
--

I have always been very happy with Europcar - on the last two occasions I
have used them the car has been literally brand new with less than 100 miles

They are usually only about £15 or £20 more for a week than the real
"budget" / local providers, and I have always been happy to pay that.

Russell

The Reid March 7th, 2006 09:54 AM

Car hire Malaga airport

Following up to Russell

usually Europcar, as we like the Audis, VW Golfs sometimes BMWs
they seem to do (IIRC they belong to VW group)
--

I have always been very happy with Europcar - on the last two occasions I
have used them the car has been literally brand new with less than 100 miles
on the clock.

I haven't had other than a near new car for ages, I don't think
they keep them long at all. We got upgraded to a Jag with white
leather in Italy.