TravelBanter

-   Air travel (http://www.travelbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   AA miles expire soon - how to prolong (http://www.travelbanter.com/showthread.php?t=177724)

Fritz Wuehler[_8_] July 8th, 2012 10:23 PM

AA miles expire soon - how to prolong

dumbstruck wrote:

There are many ways, including free ones. Im in the same boat, so
how about you search their mileage web site for obscure ways to earn
miles, and report.
Well, that gives you some ideas, but reminds us how nice it is delta
and united made their miles immortal.

I'm think I may have discovered a way to make AA miles immortal, in
effect. If someone becomes an "AAdvantage Dining" member, they earn 3
miles per dollar. If this works like other dining programs, any of
the members existing credit cards can be linked to their Aadvantage
account. Dining periodically at one of the participating restaurants
could reset the clock each time.

This is all speculative.

I wish I could do it, but I don't live in the U.S. (thus no
restaurants to use)

For me, it looks like buying a gift card from aadvantageeshopping is
the way to go. Then nothing is wasted on something I don't need.