TravelBanter

-   All-inclusive Resorts (http://www.travelbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Bahia Principe Tulum advice? (http://www.travelbanter.com/showthread.php?t=27341)

[email protected] May 25th, 2004 12:01 AM

Bahia Principe Tulum advice?

Im going to Bahia Principe Tulum for 4 nights over July 4

Ive NEVER been to Caribbean at all... and will also be taking my 18 yr
old nephew with me as a graduation present from high school. He has
never seen any ocean before.

having said that....any advice or opinion on above resort?

Maybe a list of things to pack and take with me?

David E. Bath May 25th, 2004 04:12 AM

Bahia Principe Tulum advice?

In article ,
writes:
Im going to Bahia Principe Tulum for 4 nights over July 4

Ive NEVER been to Caribbean at all... and will also be taking my 18 yr
old nephew with me as a graduation present from high school. He has
never seen any ocean before.

having said that....any advice or opinion on above resort?

Maybe a list of things to pack and take with me?

I highly recommend lots of strong waterproof sunblock, at least 15,
and some good aloe-based burn lotion or gel. I'm rather light-skinned
and I ruined my first trip to the Carribean by getting very sunburned
the first day.

Also some beach socks or old sneakers since there can be coral in the
swimming areas.

--
David Bath - Moderator for rec.travel.resorts.all-inclusive

wayne May 25th, 2004 04:12 AM

Bahia Principe Tulum advice?

seems like you picked a pretty nice place!

http://www.debbiescaribbeanresortrev...ahiatulum.html

Packing advice is

http://gomexico.about.com/cs/familyv...cking_list.htm

I would make sure you bring a couple of waterproof disposable cameras

water slippers sunscreen and a good pair of sunglasses with a neck strap
Make sure you bring a supply of dollar bills to tip with.
You may want to pick up snorkels and masks before you go down so you have
your own stuff. I would not bother buying fins myself.

if you do go snorkeling I usually wear a white t shirt to avoid getting a
sunburned back!

Wayne

wrote in message ...
Im going to Bahia Principe Tulum for 4 nights over July 4

Ive NEVER been to Caribbean at all... and will also be taking my 18 yr
old nephew with me as a graduation present from high school. He has
never seen any ocean before.

having said that....any advice or opinion on above resort?

Maybe a list of things to pack and take with me?

Hai Pham May 25th, 2004 04:13 AM

Bahia Principe Tulum advice?

I believe it is South of Cancun in Riviera Maya and was told the resort is
very nice.

Hai
wrote in message ...
Im going to Bahia Principe Tulum for 4 nights over July 4

Ive NEVER been to Caribbean at all... and will also be taking my 18 yr
old nephew with me as a graduation present from high school. He has
never seen any ocean before.

having said that....any advice or opinion on above resort?

Maybe a list of things to pack and take with me?

[email protected] May 26th, 2004 01:49 AM

Bahia Principe Tulum advice?

I highly recommend lots of strong waterproof sunblock, at least 15,
and some good aloe-based burn lotion or gel. I'm rather light-skinned
and I ruined my first trip to the Carribean by getting very sunburned
the first day.

Yes Im very light skinned as well and don't tan easily.....so am VERY
aware of preparing for the sun. Like you I don't want to ruin my
vacation down there.

I will most certainly have sun block, lip balm, hats, sun glasses.
But what should I use to cover back of my neck? Ideas on that?

Also some beach socks or old sneakers since there can be coral in the
swimming areas.

Can you please explain what water shoes are? I already have Tevo
sandals. Will those work?

Any more ideas on other practical stuff to pack? Im starting an excel
list of stuff.

[email protected] May 26th, 2004 01:50 AM

Bahia Principe Tulum advice?

seems like you picked a pretty nice place!

Thanks Wayne. Well I just picked it out of this air basically. I sure
didn't do much research. I was running out of time to book something
as my nephew only has a 6 week span of time to go somewhere as he will
be starting college in late July.

Anyway....I just "went for it". LOL

if you do go snorkeling I usually wear a white t shirt to avoid getting a
sunburned back!

Good idea on wearing a white Tshirt while snorkeling.

David E. Bath May 26th, 2004 01:58 AM

writes:
I highly recommend lots of strong waterproof sunblock, at least 15,
and some good aloe-based burn lotion or gel. I'm rather light-skinned
and I ruined my first trip to the Carribean by getting very sunburned
the first day.

Yes Im very light skinned as well and don't tan easily.....so am VERY
aware of preparing for the sun. Like you I don't want to ruin my
vacation down there.

I will most certainly have sun block, lip balm, hats, sun glasses.
But what should I use to cover back of my neck? Ideas on that?

I just cover all exposed areas with a 30 waterproof sunblock. I
usually apply it in the room before going out so that it dries well.

Also some beach socks or old sneakers since there can be coral in the
swimming areas.

Can you please explain what water shoes are? I already have Tevo
sandals. Will those work?

Almost anything that covers the soles of your feet will work. Beach
socks are thin plastic shoes with just an elastic net for the top of
the shoe.

Any more ideas on other practical stuff to pack? Im starting an excel
list of stuff.

A sand and water resistant sack or backpack to carry items to the
beach.

--
David Bath - Moderator for rec.travel.resorts.all-inclusive

Steven Goodman June 16th, 2004 11:38 PM

wrote:

Any more ideas on other practical stuff to pack? Im starting an excel
list of stuff.

An insulated water bottle. Things will get warm really fast, so you
want something big and insulated to put water, soda, etc in.

Some kind of hat or head covering.

Athletic shoes, I have met lots of people on beach vacations who don't
take athletic shoes, and then decide they want to play hard court
volleyball, or some other sport, and don't have any real shoes. If you
have cloth (not leather) that you don't mind getting wet, those are good
for all kinds of stuff.

Steven Goodman

Mildred Savalier June 17th, 2004 11:50 PM

Bahia Principe Tulum advice?

Straws

In Mexico the straws are paper and very small
This sounds like a stupid idea I know but 99 cents for a pack of straws sure
helps the Pina Colada go down.

--
Dilly

http://home.comcast.net/~itsdilly/
http://community.webshots.com/user/savalier
People will forget what you said. People will forget what you did, but
people will never forget how you made them feel.

"Steven Goodman" wrote in message

Any more ideas on other practical stuff to pack? Im starting an excel
list of stuff.

An insulated water bottle. Things will get warm really fast, so you
want something big and insulated to put water, soda, etc in.

Some kind of hat or head covering.

Athletic shoes, I have met lots of people on beach vacations who don't
take athletic shoes, and then decide they want to play hard court
volleyball, or some other sport, and don't have any real shoes. If you
have cloth (not leather) that you don't mind getting wet, those are good
for all kinds of stuff.

Steven Goodman

[email protected] June 18th, 2004 07:02 PM

Bahia Principe Tulum advice?

Straws

In Mexico the straws are paper and very small
This sounds like a stupid idea I know but 99 cents for a pack of straws sure
helps the Pina Colada go down.

Incredible!

Is this true? I should take some straws with me?