TravelBanter

-   All-inclusive Resorts (http://www.travelbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   El Dorado Royale (http://www.travelbanter.com/showthread.php?t=38343)

zuggie August 12th, 2004 12:18 AM

El Dorado Royale

My husband and I are planning a trip to Cancun in October. We are late
fifties. Not party animals anymore. Love to walk on the beach, hang by the
pool, enjoy quite dinners and romantic settings. We do not need a lot of
activities other than snorkeling, etc. We would like a great atmosphere,
good food, and plentiful drinks. Will the El Dorado Royale be a good match
for us?

Please let me hear any feed back from any of you who have stayed at this
resort.

I would also like suggestions of other resorts that might fit our needs..

Thanks in advance. And if anyone needs advice on cruises, let me know....
We have been on many of those, but this will be our first all-inclusive.

Phyllis

Dave August 13th, 2004 12:24 AM

El Dorado Royale

"zuggie" wrote in message ...
My husband and I are planning a trip to Cancun in October. We are late
fifties. Not party animals anymore. Love to walk on the beach, hang by the
pool, enjoy quite dinners and romantic settings. We do not need a lot of
activities other than snorkeling, etc. We would like a great atmosphere,
good food, and plentiful drinks. Will the El Dorado Royale be a good match
for us?

The El Dorado Royale would be the ideal place for everything you have
mentioned. It is an extremly relaxing resort with lots of
opportunities for rest and romance.

"zuggie" wrote in message ...
My husband and I are planning a trip to Cancun in October. We are late
fifties. Not party animals anymore. Love to walk on the beach, hang by the
pool, enjoy quite dinners and romantic settings. We do not need a lot of
activities other than snorkeling, etc. We would like a great atmosphere,
good food, and plentiful drinks. Will the El Dorado Royale be a good match
for us?

The El Dorado Royale would be the ideal place for everything you have
mentioned. It is an extremly relaxing resort with lots of
opportunities for rest and romance.

Marley1964 August 17th, 2004 12:07 AM

My husband and I were at that resort in July. NEVER again! It is poorly
runned and it had to be the worst vacation ever.I booked thru funjet and
I guess they had the same complaints they gave us $100 credit toward our
next trip.That tells you something.

Marley1964 August 17th, 2004 12:07 AM

My husband and I were at that resort in July. NEVER again! It is poorly
runned and it had to be the worst vacation ever.I booked thru funjet and
I guess they had the same complaints they gave us $100 credit toward our
next trip.That tells you something.

Marley1964 August 17th, 2004 12:07 AM

My husband and I were at that resort in July. NEVER again! It is poorly
runned and it had to be the worst vacation ever.I booked thru funjet and
I guess they had the same complaints they gave us $100 credit toward our
next trip.That tells you something.

Dave August 18th, 2004 12:09 AM

The only time I see Marley1964 post is to slam the El Dorado Royale.
She had a bad experience there but she just won't get over it. Most
posts about the EDR on all message boards are positive.

Dave August 18th, 2004 12:09 AM

The only time I see Marley1964 post is to slam the El Dorado Royale.
She had a bad experience there but she just won't get over it. Most
posts about the EDR on all message boards are positive.

zuggie August 18th, 2004 12:09 AM

Thanks for your response Marley. Can you tell me just what made your trip
so horrible? I have heard a lot of positive about this particular resort
and I am very interested in your experiences there. Other than complaints
about the smell originating from the adjoining land, and the not so perfect
beach, I haven't heard much negative. Please fill me in on your experience.

I have been reading reviews on trip reviews on other sites on the net and
most are very favorable.

Why do you consider it poorly run?

Phyllis