TravelBanter

-   Europe (http://www.travelbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Venice Connected Card (http://www.travelbanter.com/showthread.php?t=152437)

Ken Blake April 23rd, 2009 11:48 PM

Venice Connected Card

My wife and I will be in Venice, arriving May 25 and leaving June 11.
We would like, if possible, to get cards that give us unlimited
vaporetto use for that period. Is there a Venice Connected card that
is good for more than one week, and if so, how do I buy them? Or is
there some other kind of card I should buy instead?

--
Ken Blake
Please Reply to the Newsgroup

Steve Cain April 24th, 2009 01:36 AM

Venice Connected Card

"Ken Blake" wrote in message
My wife and I will be in Venice, arriving May 25 and leaving June 11.
We would like, if possible, to get cards that give us unlimited
vaporetto use for that period. Is there a Venice Connected card that
is good for more than one week, and if so, how do I buy them? Or is
there some other kind of card I should buy instead?

--
Ken Blake
Please Reply to the Newsgroup

I think on the seven day pass it figures to 6 Euro/day. Get the pass and
skip the special fare to and from the airport.using your pass for bus to
Piazzale Roma and boats from there. s

Ken Blake April 24th, 2009 02:24 AM

Venice Connected Card

On Thu, 23 Apr 2009 18:36:27 -0600, "Steve Cain"
wrote:

"Ken Blake" wrote in message

My wife and I will be in Venice, arriving May 25 and leaving June 11.
We would like, if possible, to get cards that give us unlimited
vaporetto use for that period. Is there a Venice Connected card that
is good for more than one week, and if so, how do I buy them? Or is
there some other kind of card I should buy instead?

--
Ken Blake
Please Reply to the Newsgroup

I think on the seven day pass it figures to 6 Euro/day.

Yes, I think that's about right.

Get the pass and
skip the special fare to and from the airport.using your pass for bus to
Piazzale Roma and boats from there. s

So, there's no pass for more than 7 seven days? I want 17 days of
coverage, so I need to buy three passes, two of one week, and one for
three days?

Can I buy and get passes now, before I go to Venice, or is it
something I need to buy once I arrive? Can I buy them at the airport?

Thanks.

--
Ken Blake
Please Reply to the Newsgroup

Steve Cain April 24th, 2009 04:00 AM

Venice Connected Card

My wife and I will be in Venice, arriving May 25 and leaving June
I think on the seven day pass it figures to 6 Euro/day.

Yes, I think that's about right.

Get the pass and
skip the special fare to and from the airport.using your pass for bus to
Piazzale Roma and boats from there. s

So, there's no pass for more than 7 seven days? I want 17 days of
coverage, so I need to buy three passes, two of one week, and one for
three days?

Can I buy and get passes now, before I go to Venice, or is it
something I need to buy once I arrive? Can I buy them at the airport?

Thanks.

Buy online and be given a "PNR" number and take that with you.
to Venice...... http://www.veniceconnected.com/faq-venice-connected
BTW...I almost always Priceline a Philadelphia hotel. Never had bad luck.
Do some research on betterbidding.com or biddingfortravel.com.
I'd take the airport train up to the 32nd St station(?) and taxi to a hotel
from there. s

poldy April 24th, 2009 05:06 AM

Venice Connected Card

In article ,
Ken Blake wrote:

So, there's no pass for more than 7 seven days? I want 17 days of
coverage, so I need to buy three passes, two of one week, and one for
three days?

Can I buy and get passes now, before I go to Venice, or is it
something I need to buy once I arrive? Can I buy them at the airport?

Thanks.

I picked them up at the airport.

Can't recall if I ordered online ahead of time or not.

Ken Blake April 24th, 2009 08:27 AM

Venice Connected Card

On Thu, 23 Apr 2009 21:00:01 -0600, "Steve Cain"
wrote:

[...]

Thank you.

--
Ken Blake