TravelBanter

-   Australia & New Zealand (http://www.travelbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   automotive industry in Brisbane (http://www.travelbanter.com/showthread.php?t=62690)

David Mccarthy March 26th, 2005 06:30 PM

automotive industry in Brisbane

Anyone here involved in the auto industry. We are moving to Brisbane next
Christmas and I'll be looking for a job.

Any advice?

AlmostBob March 26th, 2005 09:29 PM

Move to Melbourne, Geelong, Adelaide, where they actually build cars

--
_
"David Mccarthy" wrote in message
. ..
Anyone here involved in the auto industry. We are moving to Brisbane next
Christmas and I'll be looking for a job.

Any advice?

AlmostBob March 26th, 2005 09:29 PM

Move to Melbourne, Geelong, Adelaide, where they actually build cars

--
_
"David Mccarthy" wrote in message
. ..
Anyone here involved in the auto industry. We are moving to Brisbane next
Christmas and I'll be looking for a job.

Any advice?

Scotty March 27th, 2005 12:47 AM

Walk down any street and they are handing out jobs like theres noone to do
em, oh, thats right THERE IS NOONE TO DO EM!! Queensland is very very short
on skilled labour and almost every day you hear of someone after another
tradie. Theres 1500 people per *week* commign to South East Queensland and
theres more and more oldies as well. Therefore theres not enough labour to
keep up with demand. Good for the skilled guys cause we can then ask for
more money and usually get a bit more cause the boss cant find anyone else
to do the work. What trade are you in?

"David Mccarthy" wrote in message
. ..
Anyone here involved in the auto industry. We are moving to Brisbane next
Christmas and I'll be looking for a job.

Any advice?

David Mccarthy March 27th, 2005 05:46 PM

I have been with volkswagen for 28 years and specialize in electrical and
performance repair.
"Scotty" wrote in message
u...
Walk down any street and they are handing out jobs like theres noone to do
em, oh, thats right THERE IS NOONE TO DO EM!! Queensland is very very
short on skilled labour and almost every day you hear of someone after
another tradie. Theres 1500 people per *week* commign to South East
Queensland and theres more and more oldies as well. Therefore theres not
enough labour to keep up with demand. Good for the skilled guys cause we
can then ask for more money and usually get a bit more cause the boss cant
find anyone else to do the work. What trade are you in?

"David Mccarthy" wrote in message
. ..
Anyone here involved in the auto industry. We are moving to Brisbane
next Christmas and I'll be looking for a job.

Any advice?

AlmostBob March 27th, 2005 06:29 PM

http://www.volkswagen.com.au and click the find dealers button, there's enuf
in Qld
go via your employer to contact VW You may be able to arrange the same job
as now, before you leave
--
_
"David Mccarthy" wrote in message
I have been with volkswagen for 28 years and specialize in electrical and
performance repair.
"Scotty" wrote in message
u...
[...]

"Scotty" wrote in message
u...
[...]

"Scotty" wrote in message
u...
Walk down any street and they are handing out jobs like theres noone to

do
em, oh, thats right THERE IS NOONE TO DO EM!! Queensland is very very
short on skilled labour and almost every day you hear of someone after
another tradie. Theres 1500 people per *week* commign to South East
Queensland and theres more and more oldies as well. Therefore theres not
enough labour to keep up with demand. Good for the skilled guys cause we
can then ask for more money and usually get a bit more cause the boss

cant
find anyone else to do the work. What trade are you in?

"David Mccarthy" wrote in message
. ..
Anyone here involved in the auto industry. We are moving to Brisbane
next Christmas and I'll be looking for a job.

Any advice?

[email protected] March 27th, 2005 06:55 PM

On Sat, 26 Mar 2005 13:30:56 -0500, "David Mccarthy"
wrote:

Anyone here involved in the auto industry. We are moving to Brisbane next
Christmas and I'll be looking for a job.

Any advice?

Post to:

misc.immigration.australia+nz

Cath