TravelBanter

-   Africa (http://www.travelbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Overland travel from Lagos to Nairobi (http://www.travelbanter.com/showthread.php?t=65328)

Andy Fraser April 12th, 2005 03:46 PM

Overland travel from Lagos to Nairobi

Hello.

I plan to travel from Lagos to Nairobi overland, probably beginning in
Oct 05. It would seem that I have to travel through either the Congo,
or Central African Republic, neither of which are considered safe by
the FCO. Does anyone have any advice about this? Which country is
easier to get through? Am I taking too great a risk, considering that
I'm not an experienced traveller (though I'm eager for challenges, and
an authentic experience)?

If anyone can think of an alternative route that will cause my parents
less anxiety, please let me know! I can be contacted through my
h0tmail account, username is chavyboy, or reply here with anything you
can think of.

Many thanks in advance.

Andy