TravelBanter

-   Asia (http://www.travelbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Safety in Cambodia (http://www.travelbanter.com/showthread.php?t=67932)

Richard Green June 4th, 2005 01:41 AM

Safety in Cambodia

Hi there,
I'm off the Cambodia for a week tomorrow - 4 days in PP and 3 days in Siem
Reap. I've been reading alarming reports of armed holdup in PP.
Anyone know if there is a substantial risk for someone travelling alone
there.
Any advice appreciated.
Richard.

Chris Blunt June 4th, 2005 04:20 AM

On Sat, 04 Jun 2005 00:41:25 GMT, "Richard Green"
wrote:

Hi there,
I'm off the Cambodia for a week tomorrow - 4 days in PP and 3 days in Siem
Reap. I've been reading alarming reports of armed holdup in PP.
Anyone know if there is a substantial risk for someone travelling alone
there.

I've been here in Phnom Penh for the last 3 days and felt quite
comfortable walking about on my own, even at night. As long as you
stay alert and keep your radar switched on scanning for the normal
warning signs you should be fine.

Chris