TravelBanter

-   Australia & New Zealand (http://www.travelbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Sydney - New Years Day 09 (http://www.travelbanter.com/showthread.php?t=147310)

Linda Hardy December 11th, 2008 12:30 PM

Sydney - New Years Day 09

Hi,

Anyone here in Sydney, I am seeking some information regarding public
transport on New Year's Day in Sydney 09, I shall be staying in Drummoyne
and need to get to the Sydney Domestic Airport, are there any buses, trains,
available on that day? and are there any taxi's working that day?

I've tried a Google search but all I get are maps of railway lines, cost of
fares, etc, but nothing that tells me when the public transport is running
on New Year's Day.

thank you

Linda
in Tasmania

David Bennetts December 11th, 2008 10:17 PM

Sydney - New Years Day 09

"Linda Hardy" wrote in message
Hi,

Anyone here in Sydney, I am seeking some information regarding public
transport on New Year's Day in Sydney 09, I shall be staying in Drummoyne
and need to get to the Sydney Domestic Airport, are there any buses,
trains, available on that day? and are there any taxi's working that day?

I've tried a Google search but all I get are maps of railway lines, cost
of fares, etc, but nothing that tells me when the public transport is
running on New Year's Day.

thank you

Linda
in Tasmania

Rest assured that public transport does run on both Christmas and News
Year's Day in Sydney. It generally runs to a modified timetable for public
holidays, and is about as frequent as that provided on a regular Sunday.

Try the journey planner at www.131500.info

Regards

David Bennetts

Linda Hardy December 13th, 2008 03:14 AM

Sydney - New Years Day 09

Thanks for the reply David.

Linda

Try the journey planner at www.131500.info

Regards

David Bennetts

almostbob December 13th, 2008 01:31 PM

Sydney - New Years Day 09

just completed a holiday and flown out of Sydney,

take a taxi
door to door
at your convenience
no hauling luggage
its a quick trip down Southern Cross drive
the rail service to the airports is 'interesting'
and would involve a bunch of changes from drummoyne

--
_ _

Try the journey planner at www.131500.info

Regards

David Bennetts

Alan S[_1_] December 13th, 2008 08:28 PM

Sydney - New Years Day 09

On Sat, 13 Dec 2008 13:31:11 GMT, "almostbob"
wrote:

just completed a holiday and flown out of Sydney,

take a taxi
door to door
at your convenience
no hauling luggage
its a quick trip down Southern Cross drive
the rail service to the airports is 'interesting'
and would involve a bunch of changes from drummoyne

That depends on the timing of his flight. Early New Years
Day will find cabs as scarce as hen's teeth. If Sydney is
anything like Melbourne, where I used to drive cabs, the
post New Year's Eve demand continues well into the morning.

By lunch-time there should be no difficulty. If it is an
early morning flight one of the airport limo or shuttle
services may be better.

Cheers, Alan, Australia
--
http://loraltravel.blogspot.com
Latest: Two Indian Hotels: to Sleep, Perchance...

David Bennetts December 14th, 2008 12:41 AM

Sydney - New Years Day 09

"almostbob" wrote in message
just completed a holiday and flown out of Sydney,

take a taxi
door to door
at your convenience
no hauling luggage
its a quick trip down Southern Cross drive

And a long way round at a higher fare from Drummoyne? Also tolls if you
include eastern distributor and/or cross city tunnel. More direct thru
Redfern and Botany Road.

the rail service to the airports is 'interesting'
and would involve a bunch of changes from drummoyne

A bunch? Only one change from bus to rail, at Central or Town Hall.

Regards

David Bennetts