TravelBanter

-   Air travel (http://www.travelbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   KL transfer (http://www.travelbanter.com/showthread.php?t=133544)

BB[_2_] March 18th, 2008 04:27 AM

KL transfer

Hi,
has anyone recently used KUL airport and had to connect from the Low Cost
Carrier Terminal (LCCT) (Airiasia) to the main terminal (M) (Malaysian
Airlines)? Just interested to see how much time we should allow.
Any comments (good or bad) on Airasia?
Thanks

Jan[_6_] March 18th, 2008 10:32 AM

KL transfer

BB wrote:
Hi,
has anyone recently used KUL airport and had to connect from the Low
Cost Carrier Terminal (LCCT) (Airiasia) to the main terminal (M)
(Malaysian Airlines)? Just interested to see how much time we should
allow. Any comments (good or bad) on Airasia?
Thanks

KLIA and LCCT are roughly 15-20Kms apart.

If you are arriving KLIA on an international flight allow 1 1/2 to 2 hours
to clear immigration and baggage. -we landed 10-45pm and didn't exit KLIA
til 12-30am- and there were no queues !!!
There is a shuttle bus between the 2 terminals and taxis are available- for
a taxi allow 30mins
LCCT is pretty chaotic.
Airasia checked baggage allowance is only 15kg
We've flown with them loads of times in the past few years. good value if
you book early, though MAS can sometimes match their internal flight prices.

see
http://www.klia.com.my/LCCTerminal/
http://www.klia.com.my/index.php?ch=70

Jan