TravelBanter

-   Air travel (http://www.travelbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   LAX Abyss with medical emergency (http://www.travelbanter.com/showthread.php?t=177959)

Beverly H August 22nd, 2012 07:22 PM

LAX Abyss with medical emergency

I had to have an emergency hospitalizaiton while visiting Goldcoast, Aus. My doctors in California asked for the medical recdords to be "overnighted." I sent them on 8/15; they arrived in LAX on 8/16 and are still sitting there. I arrived home on 8/19.
I need surgery here in the US, but my doctors are reluctant without seeing the original test results done in Australia. The records are somewhere in customs at LAX! I'm frightened to death that this delay could have serious consequences to my health! Does anyone have a rememdy for getting packages moved out of customs for a medical emergency?

bill August 22nd, 2012 07:47 PM

LAX Abyss with medical emergency

On Wed, 22 Aug 2012 11:22:32 -0700 (PDT), Beverly H
wrote:

I had to have an emergency hospitalizaiton while visiting Goldcoast, Aus. My doctors in California asked for the medical recdords to be "overnighted." I sent them on 8/15; they arrived in LAX on 8/16 and are still sitting there. I arrived home on 8/19.
I need surgery here in the US, but my doctors are reluctant without seeing the original test results done in Australia. The records are somewhere in customs at LAX! I'm frightened to death that this delay could have serious consequences to my health! Does anyone have a rememdy for getting packages moved out of customs for a medical emergency?

Have them emailed like everyone else does...