TravelBanter

-   All-inclusive Resorts (http://www.travelbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Snorkel equip advice? (http://www.travelbanter.com/showthread.php?t=27343)

[email protected] May 27th, 2004 08:57 PM

Snorkel equip advice?

Going to Riviera May in July.... with 18 yr old nephew

Would it be to my advantage to buy snorkel equip and take with us?
Two sets of equip for BOTH of us to use at same time?

If yes.... can I just buy the cheap stuff at Walmart

And..... then could I resale it before leaving to go back home so as
to recoup some of my money?

Advice!

wayne May 28th, 2004 03:06 AM

Snorkel equip advice?

Depends if you plan on using it again

cheap stuff is just that I went to a dive shop and purchased a quality mask
that fits my face well as well as a quality snorkel that avoids me getting a
mouthful of salt water.

It depends on how much you plan on using it and your budget.

I would suggest going to a sporting goods store at least.

The test of a good mask is if you can put it on your face and not put the
strap on the back of your head and hold it on your face by just creating a
vacuum with your nose. If you cannot do this the mask will not be
comfortable or will leak.

If either of you have a moustache you will probably need a dab of Vaseline
to stop leaks!

Wayne