TravelBanter

-   Africa (http://www.travelbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Backpacking in Botswana, Zambia, or Namibia? (http://www.travelbanter.com/showthread.php?t=147094)

Amine December 4th, 2008 08:41 PM

Backpacking in Botswana, Zambia, or Namibia?

Hi,

Is there anyone who has backpacked around in Botswana, Zambia, or
Namibia? I would like to spend some time in safari lodges anywhere in
the Kalahari, Okavango, or around Victoria Falls for $50 USD maximum.
When I Google for "safari lodge" I only get really expensive stuff for
honeymooners and the such.

If anybody has traveled around Southern Africa on low budget, please
share your experiences (transportation, accommodation, safety,
hygiene, ...). I am thinking of visiting the countries mentioned
above, departing from Johannesburg, anytime between Jan. and Apr.

Thanks!