TravelBanter

-   Australia & New Zealand (http://www.travelbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   My trip to OZ (http://www.travelbanter.com/showthread.php?t=147383)

Dick Adams[_2_] December 13th, 2008 03:56 AM

My trip to OZ

A year ago I spent two weeks in OZ, saw a lot of nice places,
and met a lot of nice people. There was nothing I dislike,
just things I found different. A lot of things take getting
use to especially two countries separated by a common language.
I idea that people do not drive at night because of roos didn't
make sense until I saw an emu strolling across a busy road in
broad daylight. The pizza was fairly bland, but then once
you've eaten in a Chicago neighborhood pizzeria, everything
else tastes bland.

To prove Aussies have good taste, I did not see Bud, Miller,
Coors, or Fosters in a single pub. Saw mostly ales/bitters.
Tooheys Old is a very nice ale so is Crackenback from the
Snowy Mountain Brewery. Both of them are a damn sight better
than Damn Yankee Swill (which includes Fosters Lager). Do
any Aussies drink Fosters? Would an Aussie admit to drinking
Fosters?

I loved the view of the Southern Ocean at Esperance. We drove
the Nullarbor. Somewhere in NSW we ate at the best Chinese
restaurant ever. One day I'll remember the name of the town
and post it here.

Dick