TravelBanter

-   Air travel (http://www.travelbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   OAK-OGG (http://www.travelbanter.com/showthread.php?t=171705)

bob edwards February 23rd, 2011 07:10 PM

OAK-OGG

My SO and I are planning on flying from Oakland to Maui to celebrate
our anniversary in May. Rates have shot up recently. Any suggestion
on how to get a favorable rate?

JohnT[_7_] February 23rd, 2011 08:34 PM

OAK-OGG

"bob edwards" wrote in message
My SO and I are planning on flying from Oakland to Maui to celebrate
our anniversary in May. Rates have shot up recently. Any suggestion
on how to get a favorable rate?

Probably best to book now because the price of oil will remain very volatile
given the current political climate.
--
JohnT

Jeff Hacker February 25th, 2011 12:58 AM

OAK-OGG

"bob edwards" wrote in message
My SO and I are planning on flying from Oakland to Maui to celebrate
our anniversary in May. Rates have shot up recently. Any suggestion
on how to get a favorable rate?

With the current economic climate, don't hope for any reductions in fares.
You might check nearby airports (SFO, SJC, etc.). Airlines are flying
saller planes fuller.