TravelBanter

-   Australia & New Zealand (http://www.travelbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Whakanaka to Napier. (http://www.travelbanter.com/showthread.php?t=45944)

JohnM October 17th, 2004 07:37 PM

Whakanaka to Napier.

What is the best way to go from Whakanaka (White Island) to Napier?
Is it the coastal route via Gisborn or the inland route via Rotorua and
Taupo. I was thinking of going to Rotorua then Whakanaka then Napier
then Taupo.

--
JohnM

matteo October 17th, 2004 07:56 PM

Hi people,
---any idea how can it cost sending stuff (10-15 kilos) from Europe
(italy) to NZ and which post company is the cheapest one?
Thanks a lot,
ciao ciao
Matteo

matteo October 17th, 2004 07:56 PM

Hi people,
---any idea how can it cost sending stuff (10-15 kilos) from Europe
(italy) to NZ and which post company is the cheapest one?
Thanks a lot,
ciao ciao
Matteo

matteo October 17th, 2004 07:56 PM

Hi people,
---any idea how can it cost sending stuff (10-15 kilos) from Europe
(italy) to NZ and which post company is the cheapest one?
Thanks a lot,
ciao ciao
Matteo

matteo October 17th, 2004 07:57 PM

sorry, I've made a mistake!!

matteo October 17th, 2004 07:57 PM

sorry, I've made a mistake!!

Peter October 17th, 2004 08:39 PM

In article , JohnM says...

What is the best way to go from Whakanaka (White Island) to Napier?
Is it the coastal route via Gisborn or the inland route via Rotorua and
Taupo. I was thinking of going to Rotorua then Whakanaka then Napier
then Taupo.

Depends on your definition of "best". If you look at the map you'll see
an inland route from Opotiki to Gisborne through Matawai. That may well
be the quickest, and it's not too bad in terms of scenery either. Then
there's the tourist trail through Rotorua and Taupo.

But for my money the best is the coastal route via East Cape where
you'll see spectacular views from a highway that often clings to the top
of a huge cliff and some genuine Maori communities. This is where "Whale
Rider" was filmed, and that is how the people live, with every school
having an entrance carved in the old fashion.

Peter

[...]

JohnM October 18th, 2004 08:51 PM

In article , Peter
writes

But for my money the best is the coastal route via East Cape where
you'll see spectacular views from a highway that often clings to the top
of a huge cliff and some genuine Maori communities. This is where "Whale
Rider" was filmed, and that is how the people live, with every school
having an entrance carved in the old fashion.

MMmm. let me go back to my plans. Thanks Peter

--
JohnM