TravelBanter

-   Asia (http://www.travelbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Phuket & Langkawi (http://www.travelbanter.com/showthread.php?t=122205)

Spencer October 4th, 2007 12:38 AM

Phuket & Langkawi

Hi. I am considering using some airpoints for a trip to Phuket &
Langkawi. Can anyone please advise which is the best time of the year
for these locations. Is there a wet or typhoon season?
Also, any recommendations for hotels,resorts or attractions would be
appreciated. I am an elderly male travelling alone.Thanks

Alfred Molon[_6_] October 4th, 2007 04:06 AM

Phuket & Langkawi

In article , Spencer says...
Hi. I am considering using some airpoints for a trip to Phuket &
Langkawi. Can anyone please advise which is the best time of the year
for these locations. Is there a wet or typhoon season?
Also, any recommendations for hotels,resorts or attractions would be
appreciated. I am an elderly male travelling alone.Thanks

The rainy season is approximately between August and October. November
until July will be fine.
--

Alfred Molon

plover October 5th, 2007 08:54 AM

Phuket & Langkawi

"Alfred Molon" wrote in message
In article , Spencer says...
Hi. I am considering using some airpoints for a trip to Phuket &
Langkawi. Can anyone please advise which is the best time of the year
for these locations. Is there a wet or typhoon season?
Also, any recommendations for hotels,resorts or attractions would be
appreciated. I am an elderly male travelling alone.Thanks

The rainy season is approximately between August and October. November
until July will be fine.

... and the High Season for tourists is from Christmas through most of
January, with higher prices and lower availability of accommodation. Other
times are fine. If you are totally flexible, I would recommend February -
April.