TravelBanter

-   Cruises (http://www.travelbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   QE2 Food and Service - The English Way? (http://www.travelbanter.com/showthread.php?t=19822)

CupCaked September 12th, 2003 12:32 PM

QE2 Food and Service - The English Way?

Odysseus wrote:

I wonder what the food is like in the Queen's Grill.

Last time, we were booked into a Queens Grill cabin. We went back to
the Princess Grill for the rest of the trip.

Karen

__ /7__/7__/7__
\::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

http://www.cupcaked.com/reviews
(...and leave off the "potatoes" to e-mail)

E.k.R. September 12th, 2003 04:04 PM

"CupCaked" wrote in message

Last time, we were booked into a Queens Grill cabin. We went back to
the Princess Grill for the rest of the trip.

Karen

Karen,
Was that because you didn't like the food (hard to swallow - no pun
intended!), or because of the stuffy and pretentious atmosphere? I've often
heard that even those booked into QG cabins downgrade themselves to the
Princess or Britannia Grills. Having seen all the restaurants myself, I
would do the same. There is a certain charm about the Princess and
Britannia Grills (especially Princess Grill) that the other restaurants
don't share. Of course I would like the QG suite, no problem with that!

Ernie

CupCaked September 12th, 2003 06:22 PM

QE2 Food and Service - The English Way?

"E.k.R." wrote:

"CupCaked" wrote

Last time, we were booked into a Queens Grill cabin. We went back to
the Princess Grill for the rest of the trip.

Karen,
Was that because you didn't like the food (hard to swallow - no pun
intended!), or because of the stuffy and pretentious atmosphere? I've often
heard that even those booked into QG cabins downgrade themselves to the
Princess or Britannia Grills. Having seen all the restaurants myself, I
would do the same. There is a certain charm about the Princess and
Britannia Grills (especially Princess Grill) that the other restaurants
don't share. Of course I would like the QG suite, no problem with that!

Ernie, I'd say the selection of food and the quality are about the
same, but the presentation and the service are much better IMO in the
Princess Grill. This last trip we discovered why many people DO book
Queens Grill for the cabin, then head to the Princess Grill at
mealtime. I wil, from now on, too (however many "next times" I have
with this ship.)

Karen

__ /7__/7__/7__
\::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

http://www.cupcaked.com/reviews
(...and leave off the "potatoes" to e-mail)

E.k.R. September 12th, 2003 06:57 PM

"CupCaked" wrote in message
Ernie, I'd say the selection of food and the quality are about the
same, but the presentation and the service are much better IMO in the
Princess Grill. This last trip we discovered why many people DO book
Queens Grill for the cabin, then head to the Princess Grill at
mealtime. I wil, from now on, too (however many "next times" I have
with this ship.)

Karen

Sounds like a great plan!

Ernie