TravelBanter

-   Australia & New Zealand (http://www.travelbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Try on corrective pack from the Microsoft (http://www.travelbanter.com/showthread.php?t=7277)

Daniel Bowen September 25th, 2003 11:29 PM

Try on corrective pack from the Microsoft

Does this fix the "sheep virus", which appears to be taking over my
newsgroups?

Daniel :-)
--
Daniel Bowen, Melbourne, Australia
dbowen at custard dot net dot au

vicki Steven September 26th, 2003 07:22 AM

Try on corrective pack from the Microsoft

in article , Daniel Bowen at
wrote on 26/9/03 10:29 AM:

Does this fix the "sheep virus", which appears to be taking over my
newsgroups?

Daniel :-)

I've put a stop on "sheep" - and our friend Rainer!

Vicki

Peter S September 26th, 2003 07:34 AM

Try on corrective pack from the Microsoft

No this appears to be a virus that has been constantly sent to me. The name
is Worm_Swen.A also known as W32/Swen@MM, or Swen. I have received well over
300 individual copies of this virus but don't appear to be infected.
It poses as a legitimate email from Microsoft or as a "bounceback" email
from ISPs.
Do NOT click on the install button because that then activates the virus.
See www.trendmicro.com for more information

Peter

"Daniel Bowen" wrote in message
. ..
Does this fix the "sheep virus", which appears to be taking over my
newsgroups?

Daniel :-)
--
Daniel Bowen, Melbourne, Australia
dbowen at custard dot net dot au

trk September 26th, 2003 07:50 AM

Try on corrective pack from the Microsoft

Lets send MR Wolfcastle 300 copies and hope that one of them works
PS well done Vicki
Trevor
"Peter S" wrote in message
No this appears to be a virus that has been constantly sent to me. The

name
is Worm_Swen.A also known as W32/Swen@MM, or Swen. I have received well

over
300 individual copies of this virus but don't appear to be infected.
It poses as a legitimate email from Microsoft or as a "bounceback" email
from ISPs.
Do NOT click on the install button because that then activates the virus.
See www.trendmicro.com for more information

Peter

"Daniel Bowen" wrote in message
. ..
Does this fix the "sheep virus", which appears to be taking over my
newsgroups?

Daniel :-)
--
Daniel Bowen, Melbourne, Australia
dbowen at custard dot net dot au

Daniel Bowen September 26th, 2003 10:18 AM

Try on corrective pack from the Microsoft

I knew that. Note the smiley!

"Peter S" wrote in message
No this appears to be a virus that has been constantly sent to me. The

name
is Worm_Swen.A also known as W32/Swen@MM, or Swen. I have received well

over
300 individual copies of this virus but don't appear to be infected.
It poses as a legitimate email from Microsoft or as a "bounceback" email
from ISPs.
Do NOT click on the install button because that then activates the virus.
See www.trendmicro.com for more information

Peter

"Daniel Bowen" wrote in message
. ..
Does this fix the "sheep virus", which appears to be taking over my
newsgroups?

Daniel :-)

Ka Khiong Kwok September 29th, 2003 12:32 AM

Try on corrective pack from the Microsoft

Does anyone have a photo id of the ****** that re-wrote the virus yet?
I haven't seen the code yet but it look like someone just ripped of Gibe.
The guy responsible is asking for a hyper wedgy.

Regards,

Ka.