TravelBanter

-   Europe (http://www.travelbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Inverness (http://www.travelbanter.com/showthread.php?t=15827)

[email protected] June 13th, 2004 07:18 PM

Inverness

Can anybody recommend good accommodation or restaurants in Inverness, going
to be there for a couple of nights,

Chris

Garymac June 14th, 2004 01:19 PM

Inverness

wrote in message
Can anybody recommend good accommodation or restaurants in Inverness,

going
to be there for a couple of nights,

I've stayed at The Palace Hotel and the Ramada Jarvis hotel and found them
to be alright. They are both within walking distance of the town.

My favourite restaurant in Inverness has to be the Harlequin,
http://www.theharlequin.co.uk/

The food is wonderful.

There are plenty of bed and breakfast type accommodations and a look at the
Scottish Tourist board website http://www.holidayscotland.net/ should help.

Gary

Jeremy Henderson June 14th, 2004 06:15 PM

Inverness

On Mon, 14 Jun 2004 14:19:10 +0100, Garymac wrote:

wrote in message
Can anybody recommend good accommodation or restaurants in Inverness,

going
to be there for a couple of nights,

I've stayed at The Palace Hotel and the Ramada Jarvis hotel and found them
to be alright. They are both within walking distance of the town.

My favourite restaurant in Inverness has to be the Harlequin,
http://www.theharlequin.co.uk/

The food is wonderful.

And don't forget that the best fish & chip shop in Scotland last year was
judged to be Harry Ramsdens in Inverness. Hard to believe, but there ya go.

J;

--
Encrypted e-mail address. Click to mail me:
http://cerbermail.com/?nKYh3qN4YG