TravelBanter

-   USA & Canada (http://www.travelbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   japanese bamboo weed (http://www.travelbanter.com/showthread.php?t=31289)

Tim923 July 6th, 2004 12:06 AM

japanese bamboo weed

This weed grows like crazy in upstate NY in Binghamton. Is this stuff
all over the US northeast?

Dennis P. Harris July 6th, 2004 04:16 AM

japanese bamboo weed

On Mon, 05 Jul 2004 23:06:20 GMT in rec.travel.usa-canada, Tim923
wrote:

This weed grows like crazy in upstate NY in Binghamton. Is this stuff
all over the US northeast?

if you mean japanese knotweed, Polygonum cuspidatum, it's been
spread by idiots to southeastern alaska, as well as the pacific
northwest.

see http://www.nps.gov/plants/alien/pubs...antic/pocu.htm

wrote:

This weed grows like crazy in upstate NY in Binghamton. Is this stuff
all over the US northeast?

if you mean japanese knotweed, Polygonum cuspidatum, it's been
spread by idiots to southeastern alaska, as well as the pacific
northwest.

see http://www.nps.gov/plants/alien/pubs...antic/pocu.htm

Brian K July 6th, 2004 07:41 AM

japanese bamboo weed

On 07/05/2004 11:16 PM Dennis P. Harris after palpating a Gingko,
electronically interjected:

wrote:

This weed grows like crazy in upstate NY in Binghamton. Is this stuff
all over the US northeast?

if you mean japanese knotweed, Polygonum cuspidatum, it's been
spread by idiots to southeastern alaska, as well as the pacific
northwest.

see http://www.nps.gov/plants/alien/pubs...antic/pocu.htm

Holy "Day of The Triffids"! Good morning Kudzu, here we go again.... ;-)

But what does this have to do with US / Canada travel? =-O

--
________
To email me, Edit "xt" from my email address.

Tim923 July 6th, 2004 12:49 PM

japanese bamboo weed

In our area, we call it Japanese Bamboo, our more commonly just
"bamboo." It's so hard to get rid of it. It grows right back after
pulling or flattening. Did this plant overpopulate in Japan?

It seemed like this newsgroup would have people all over North America
that would see this weed at home or in their travels to tell me.

Tim923 July 6th, 2004 12:49 PM

japanese bamboo weed

In our area, we call it Japanese Bamboo, our more commonly just
"bamboo." It's so hard to get rid of it. It grows right back after
pulling or flattening. Did this plant overpopulate in Japan?

It seemed like this newsgroup would have people all over North America
that would see this weed at home or in their travels to tell me.

BobS July 6th, 2004 09:23 PM

japanese bamboo weed

Plenty of it in the UK as well!! BobS
--
Tees off to reply.

"Tim923" wrote in message
In our area, we call it Japanese Bamboo, our more commonly just
"bamboo." It's so hard to get rid of it. It grows right back after
pulling or flattening. Did this plant overpopulate in Japan?

It seemed like this newsgroup would have people all over North America
that would see this weed at home or in their travels to tell me.

Tim923 July 7th, 2004 01:34 AM

japanese bamboo weed

I took some neat pics of this weed.

http://mysite.verizon.net/vze8adrh/weed1.jpg
A big piece of property wasted to knotweed.

http://mysite.verizon.net/vze8adrh/weed2.jpg
This neighbor put up a fence.

http://mysite.verizon.net/vze8adrh/weed3.jpg
Even after a mow, this pesky stuff grows back.