TravelBanter

-   Europe (http://www.travelbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   inverness airport - can you get there from here? (http://www.travelbanter.com/showthread.php?t=99046)

l'Al Cool October 16th, 2006 10:56 PM

inverness airport - can you get there from here?

Next year we will be staying in carrbridge, near aviemore. It looks
like inverness is the closest airport, but I can't figure out if I can
fly to other destinations in Europe from inverness...

So, if any one knows if I can fly from say amsterdam, prague etc I
would like to know which airlines fly to/from inverness...

Otherwise, I guess I will have to look at returning to edinbugh or
glasgow and driving (or taking a train etc) the rest of the way..

thanks

JohnT[_1_] October 16th, 2006 11:02 PM

inverness airport - can you get there from here?

"l'Al Cool" wrote in message
oups.com...
Next year we will be staying in carrbridge, near aviemore. It looks
like inverness is the closest airport, but I can't figure out if I can
fly to other destinations in Europe from inverness...

So, if any one knows if I can fly from say amsterdam, prague etc I
would like to know which airlines fly to/from inverness...

Otherwise, I guess I will have to look at returning to edinbugh or
glasgow and driving (or taking a train etc) the rest of the way..

There are no direct flights to/from destinations outside the UK but you can,
of course, connect via London to any destination worldwide.

JohnT

Ian F. October 16th, 2006 11:24 PM

inverness airport - can you get there from here?

"l'Al Cool" wrote in message
oups.com...

Next year we will be staying in carrbridge, near aviemore. It looks
like inverness is the closest airport, but I can't figure out if I can
fly to other destinations in Europe from inverness...

AFAIK, Inverness flights are UK only.

Ian

Keith Willshaw[_2_] October 17th, 2006 08:22 AM

inverness airport - can you get there from here?

"l'Al Cool" wrote in message
oups.com...
Next year we will be staying in carrbridge, near aviemore. It looks
like inverness is the closest airport, but I can't figure out if I can
fly to other destinations in Europe from inverness...

Realistically no, most flights into Inverness are domestic

So, if any one knows if I can fly from say amsterdam, prague etc I
would like to know which airlines fly to/from inverness...

Otherwise, I guess I will have to look at returning to edinbugh or
glasgow and driving (or taking a train etc) the rest of the way..

Alternately you can fly into Luton and take a plane which will
probably be cheaper and definitely quicker.

Keith

Ian F. October 17th, 2006 08:43 AM

inverness airport - can you get there from here?

"Martin" wrote in message

They aren't.

They are. International flights are via other UK airports.

Ian

Tom Peel[_2_] October 17th, 2006 08:49 AM

inverness airport - can you get there from here?

Martin schrieb:
On Mon, 16 Oct 2006 23:24:40 +0100, "Ian F."
wrote:

"l'Al Cool" wrote in message
oups.com...

Next year we will be staying in carrbridge, near aviemore. It looks
like inverness is the closest airport, but I can't figure out if I can
fly to other destinations in Europe from inverness...

AFAIK, Inverness flights are UK only.

They aren't.

Looking very hard at their timetable, I can only see Dublin as a
destination outside of the UK.

T.

David Horne, _the_ chancellor of the royal duchy of city south and deansgate October 17th, 2006 08:50 AM

Ian F. wrote:

"Martin" wrote in message

They aren't.

They are. International flights are via other UK airports.

Er, Martin already posted the relevant URL for this, but Dublin counts
as "international" for me.

--
David Horne- http://www.davidhorne.net
http://www.davidhorne.net/pictures.html http://soundjunction.org

Ian F. October 17th, 2006 09:05 AM

deansgate" wrote in message

Er, Martin already posted the relevant URL for this, but Dublin counts
as "international" for me.

I couldn't see Dublin in the drop-down list here
http://www.hial.co.uk/Airlines-Flights but have since noticed on another
page that Aer Arann flies there. So I stand corrected.

Ian

Ian F. October 17th, 2006 09:07 AM

"Tom Peel" wrote in message

Looking very hard at their timetable, I can only see Dublin as a
destination outside of the UK.

That's the only one. And it's not listed in their drop-down menu of
destinations, so my mistake was understandable.

The point is fairly made, though, as the OP mentioned Amsterdam, Prague
etc. as destinations he wanted to visit.

Ian

Ian F. October 17th, 2006 09:35 AM

inverness airport - can you get there from here?

"Martin" wrote in message

The best place to look is always the airport's website.

That *is* the airport's website.

Ian