TravelBanter

-   Asia (http://www.travelbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Calcutta this November (http://www.travelbanter.com/showthread.php?t=160330)

waitressvn November 15th, 2009 01:43 PM

Calcutta this November

Hello!

I am coming to Kolkata towards the end of November and I´m very excited to finally get to this great city. I will be there for a week or so and wanted to know if there is any particular hostel/hotel that is good for lone travellers for meeting people etc?

While I am there I am hoping to do some yoga.. I haven´t really ever done any so i´d like to do an introductory course does anyone know any good places in the city?

I will also be there to sample to beautiful food on offer... the most i possibly can.. mostly the street food I am really interested in.. can anyone recommend any particular places I could go? yum yum!

Also.. from Delhi is it best to book the train in advance (on say the 24th NOvember?) Or should i just rock up at the train station ? (which Delhi train station?)

any other must dos in Kolkata while I am there?

sorry for all the questions and thanks in advance for any help!