TravelBanter

-   USA & Canada (http://www.travelbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Connecting through SEA (http://www.travelbanter.com/showthread.php?t=177110)

[email protected] April 26th, 2012 06:59 PM

Connecting through SEA

I will be flying through SeaTac, arriving from SFO on Alaska Airlines
to connect to an Icelandic flight to Reykjavik. Does this all happen
airside of the TSA, or do I have to go through a second security
screening? One of the guide I found for SEA indicates the gates used
by Alaska, but noee show which gates are used by Icelandic.

Fly Guy April 27th, 2012 01:28 AM

Connecting through SEA

" wrote:

Does this all happen airside of the TSA, or do I have to go
through a second security screening?

To answer your question - just bring some vaseline with you.

And a second pair of underware.

John Levine April 27th, 2012 03:29 AM

Connecting through SEA

I will be flying through SeaTac, arriving from SFO on Alaska Airlines
to connect to an Icelandic flight to Reykjavik. Does this all happen
airside of the TSA, or do I have to go through a second security
screening? One of the guide I found for SEA indicates the gates used
by Alaska, but noee show which gates are used by Icelandic.

Icelandair uses gates in the south satellite:

http://www.portseattle.org/Sea-Tac/F...s/default.aspx

Unless something has changed since the last time I was there, you can
get from any gate to any other gate by walking or taking the little
train without leaving airside, including domestic to international
connections. International to domestic by policy (not just at SEA)
all require TSA screening after you go through customs.

R's,
John

--
Regards,
John Levine, , Primary Perpetrator of "The Internet for Dummies",

[email protected] April 30th, 2012 04:33 PM

Connecting through SEA

http://www.portseattle.org/Sea-Tac/F...lines/Pages/de...

Unless something has changed since the last time I was there, you can
get from any gate to any other gate by walking or taking the little
train without leaving airside, including domestic to international
connections. *International to domestic by policy (not just at SEA)
all require TSA screening after you go through customs.

R's,
John

--
Regards,
John Levine, , Primary Perpetrator of "The Internet for Dummies",
Please consider the environment before reading this e-mail.http://jl.ly

Thank you. That was helpful.

Fly Guy April 30th, 2012 09:34 PM

Connecting through SEA

" wrote:

Thank you. That was helpful.

What - my advice about bringing vaseline wasn't helpful?

John Levine May 1st, 2012 04:01 AM

Connecting through SEA

Thank you. That was helpful.

What - my advice about bringing vaseline wasn't helpful?

Save it for the trip back. Remember, no more than 100ml, and put the tube
in a baggie.

R's,
John

--
Regards,
John Levine, , Primary Perpetrator of "The Internet for Dummies",
http://jl.ly

Runge 666[_2_] May 8th, 2012 08:27 AM

Connecting through SEA

The bot has spoken, but remember do not email him before reading the whole
of his stuff !!
That man has no time to waste !
He is important, you know.

R's