TravelBanter

-   Cruises (http://www.travelbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   ADMIN: My HAL, Cunard and QM2 Yahoogroups (http://www.travelbanter.com/showthread.php?t=21534)

Cathy Heidemann November 17th, 2003 09:35 PM

ADMIN: My HAL, Cunard and QM2 Yahoogroups

On 11/17/03 2:02 PM, in article , "Becca"
wrote:

Mark Katzenberger wrote:

I'd like to know as well.

http://search2.cc.scd.yahoo.com/cct_...de=answer&prio
r_transaction_id=1069096261&action_code=5&answer_i d=4257888#__highlight

Becca -----I hope this works for you...

Thanks, Becca, for saving me the research effort !!!

Cathy

Trans Mission November 18th, 2003 01:04 AM

ADMIN: My HAL, Cunard and QM2 Yahoogroups

On Mon, 17 Nov 2003 17:47:41 GMT, (CupCaked)
wrote:

Becca wrote:

There used to be a way to pass ownership ...

You are correct, it is simple to change ownership and moderators on
the Yahoo groups. You can also ban members from the group who are
causing problems.

Changing moderators and banning members is simple, yes. Changing
ownership of the Yahoogroup without including the original owner in
some capacity (as a moderator or a subscriber) is impossible. I've
tried, others have tried . . . and I am too stupid to figure it out myself
so I just disbanded the groups and the hell with everyone in them.

Karen

Fixed. Your. Post.

You can't figure out how to use a kill file and you disbanded an email group
that you owned because you couldn't figure out how to transfer ownership to
someone else.

I suggest you get WebTV and give your PC to any 7 year old who will be
capable of using it correctly.

Trahn
Where are the weapons of mass destruction?