TravelBanter

-   Cruises (http://www.travelbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Request for the group (http://www.travelbanter.com/showthread.php?t=172954)

Kurt Ullman June 30th, 2011 04:53 PM

Request for the group

In my real life I am a freelance writer. I have been given an assignment
by a magazine for people with arthritis to write an article on traveling
with the disease. I have a couple of docs to talk to about medical side,
but need to talk to someone about the planning side (how to make
arrangements for things like scooters, where to get information on
accessibility issues for hotels, sightseeing, transportation, etc). If
anyone can send me in the direction of a TA that specializes in helping
people with mobility and health issues or a professional group that
could help me get in touch with one, it would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

MAS July 1st, 2011 12:41 AM

Request for the group

On 6/30/2011 11:53 AM, Kurt Ullman wrote:
In my real life I am a freelance writer. I have been given an assignment
by a magazine for people with arthritis to write an article on traveling
with the disease. I have a couple of docs to talk to about medical side,
but need to talk to someone about the planning side (how to make
arrangements for things like scooters, where to get information on
accessibility issues for hotels, sightseeing, transportation, etc). If
anyone can send me in the direction of a TA that specializes in helping
people with mobility and health issues or a professional group that
could help me get in touch with one, it would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

Kurt,
I forwarded your request to another travel group (it's monitored).
Marsha

Kurt Ullman July 1st, 2011 01:49 AM

Request for the group

In article , MAS wrote:

On 6/30/2011 11:53 AM, Kurt Ullman wrote:
In my real life I am a freelance writer. I have been given an assignment
by a magazine for people with arthritis to write an article on traveling
with the disease. I have a couple of docs to talk to about medical side,
but need to talk to someone about the planning side (how to make
arrangements for things like scooters, where to get information on
accessibility issues for hotels, sightseeing, transportation, etc). If
anyone can send me in the direction of a TA that specializes in helping
people with mobility and health issues or a professional group that
could help me get in touch with one, it would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

Kurt,
I forwarded your request to another travel group (it's monitored).
Marsha

Thanks

Goomba July 1st, 2011 06:37 PM

Request for the group

Kurt Ullman wrote:

In my real life I am a freelance writer. I have been given an assignment
by a magazine for people with arthritis to write an article on traveling
with the disease. I have a couple of docs to talk to about medical side,
but need to talk to someone about the planning side (how to make
arrangements for things like scooters, where to get information on
accessibility issues for hotels, sightseeing, transportation, etc). If
anyone can send me in the direction of a TA that specializes in helping
people with mobility and health issues or a professional group that
could help me get in touch with one, it would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

Kurt, on one of my cruises I met a woman whose business was organizing
travel and cruises for disable people. We briefly discussed all those
issues you raise. She was on that cruise to check out the ship. I wish I
still had her card to give you but I don't. You could try to Google up
disabled cruise agency travel and see if something comes up....?

Goomba

Janet Wilder July 6th, 2011 09:31 AM

Request for the group

On 6/30/2011 10:53 AM, Kurt Ullman wrote:
In my real life I am a freelance writer. I have been given an assignment
by a magazine for people with arthritis to write an article on traveling
with the disease. I have a couple of docs to talk to about medical side,
but need to talk to someone about the planning side (how to make
arrangements for things like scooters, where to get information on
accessibility issues for hotels, sightseeing, transportation, etc). If
anyone can send me in the direction of a TA that specializes in helping
people with mobility and health issues or a professional group that
could help me get in touch with one, it would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

There is a board for disabled travelers on Cruise Critic. You might try
there.

--
Janet Wilder
Way-the-heck-south Texas

Jean O'Boyle[_7_] July 6th, 2011 09:46 PM

Request for the group

On Thu, 30 Jun 2011 11:53:57 -0400, Kurt Ullman wrote:

PAHTETIC!!

--Jean--Christ Hates This ****

Sue Mullen July 6th, 2011 09:51 PM

Request for the group

On Wed, 6 Jul 2011 16:46:41 -0400, Jean O'Boyle wrote:

On Thu, 30 Jun 2011 11:53:57 -0400, Kurt Ullman wrote:

PAHTETIC!!

--Jean--Christ Hates This ****

Excellent post, Jean. this freak thinks *WE* are going to participate
in his filthy, masturbation-oriented...filth?

sue

Villa Deauville July 7th, 2011 02:01 PM

Request for the group

"Jean O'Boyle" wrote in message
On Thu, 30 Jun 2011 11:53:57 -0400, Kurt Ullman wrote:

PAHTETIC!!

--Jean--Christ Hates This ****

Does this involve a chicken?

Sunny-----boa, keep that thang away from me

Charles[_6_] July 7th, 2011 08:42 PM

Request for the group

On Thu, 7 Jul 2011 08:01:08 -0500, Villa Deauville wrote:

"Jean O'Boyle" wrote in message
On Thu, 30 Jun 2011 11:53:57 -0400, Kurt Ullman wrote:

PAHTETIC!!

--Jean--Christ Hates This ****

Does this involve a chicken?

No I am not involved.