TravelBanter

-   Europe (http://www.travelbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Themed cruises - small ship cruises (http://www.travelbanter.com/showthread.php?t=108989)

Joe Roxy April 7th, 2007 09:08 AM

Themed cruises - small ship cruises

http://blogs.madrede.us/cruiseships/everything.php
As cruises become ever more mainstream vacation options, voyages with
themes, ranging from hobbies to lifestyles, are a way to personalize
the experience.

[email protected] April 7th, 2007 11:28 AM

Themed cruises - small ship cruises

[Cross-post added.]

Joe Roxy wrote:
voyages with themes, ranging from hobbies to lifestyles,
are a way to personalize the experience.

I regard cruises as uninteresting and certainly don't consider them to
be "travel".

But I do go on dance cruises in the company of from 60 to 300 fellow
dancers and we have an enviably good time. I wouldn't consider a non-
dance cruise, Next one's in about two weeks.

The longest time in any port is eleven hours. That's hardly enough
time to smell the air.

I don't care where the ship goes. With so little time in any port, it
hardly matters. The ship is the destination, just as a hotel is for a
muli-day dance convention.

Jack Campin - bogus address April 7th, 2007 06:40 PM

Themed cruises - small ship cruises

As cruises become ever more mainstream vacation options, voyages
with themes, ranging from hobbies to lifestyles, are a way to
personalize the experience.

Got a Titanic-themed cruise of Greece planned out yet?

irwell April 8th, 2007 12:12 AM

Themed cruises - small ship cruises

On Sat, 07 Apr 2007 18:40:48 +0100, Jack Campin - bogus address
wrote:

As cruises become ever more mainstream vacation options, voyages
with themes, ranging from hobbies to lifestyles, are a way to
personalize the experience.

Got a Titanic-themed cruise of Greece planned out yet?

Yes, it is called the Poseidon Adventure.

[email protected] April 8th, 2007 01:21 PM

Themed cruises - small ship cruises

Martin wrote:
wrote:
[Cross-post added.]

[Cross-post restored.]

When you retire you can do it free, if you sign on as a member of the
entertainment staff, a friend danced all the way from UK to Alaska.

Hell, I coulda done dat long before I retired. I took off work
whenever I wanted and the little earnings shown on my forms W2 prove
it. I learned of the host program almost at its inception, perhaps
thirty years ago, but couldn't, and can't, bring myself t'do it. It's
Dancer's Hell! But thanks for the thought.

I was on a cruise that had a couple of dance hosts, each a mediocre
dancer, just the kind who would not suffer as would the rest of us. I
also know a couple of pretty-good dancers who do it and seem to enjoy
it. They're treated extremely well.

The trick for me is to find a dance cruise on which to be a host. That
would be great! Unfortunately, I know most of the promoters and they'd
feel ript off if I did that. I provide a calendar of events, including
cruises . . .

DANCE CALENDARS: accessed directly or through:
http://geocities.com/dancefest/

EVENTS Around The World: at least three days and two nights
Monthly view: http://calendar.yahoo.com/YYY,c0b200/dancefest/?v=2&t
Weekly view: http://calendar.yahoo.com/dancefest/

.. . . so I couldn't plead ignorance.

A San Franciscan who'll dance with anyone who'll dance with me!