TravelBanter

-   Europe (http://www.travelbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Cheapest way to get to Oxford, UK? (http://www.travelbanter.com/showthread.php?t=15488)

Bob Martin May 30th, 2004 02:45 AM

Cheapest way to get to Oxford, UK?

I want to try and go over to Oxford for a couple days in July, but
I'll only be able to go if it's real cheap (college-student budget),
like less than $800 for flight and hotel. Is this even possible?

Peter File May 30th, 2004 08:06 AM

Cheapest way to get to Oxford, UK?

I want to try and go over to Oxford for a couple days in July, but
I'll only be able to go if it's real cheap (college-student budget),
like less than $800 for flight and hotel. Is this even possible?

Using a combination of Mongolian and BA, you get a return from Ulaanbaatar
for around 1200 GBP. Please don't keep us in the dark about where you are
departing from??

Keith Willshaw May 30th, 2004 11:01 AM

Cheapest way to get to Oxford, UK?

"Bob Martin" wrote in message
om...
I want to try and go over to Oxford for a couple days in July, but
I'll only be able to go if it's real cheap (college-student budget),
like less than $800 for flight and hotel. Is this even possible?

Hell yes the bus from Abingdon is a lot cheaper than that.
Of course from overseas it may be more expensive :)

Seriously there's a;ist of guest houses at
http://www.touristnetuk.com/wm/oxfor...ced/oxford.htm

For the flight talk to a good travel agent, it should be possible
but its already a little late for booking for July so dont delay

Keith

Bob Martin June 2nd, 2004 09:31 PM

"Peter File" wrote in message ...
I want to try and go over to Oxford for a couple days in July, but
I'll only be able to go if it's real cheap (college-student budget),
like less than $800 for flight and hotel. Is this even possible?

Using a combination of Mongolian and BA, you get a return from Ulaanbaatar
for around 1200 GBP. Please don't keep us in the dark about where you are
departing from??

Hmm... yeah, I guess that would help, wouldn't it?

I'm trying to fly out of Atlanta, though I could possibly go out of
New York, Boston, Washington, or Orlando if need be.

I'd like to be able to fly into London, though other airports in
England or maybe Ireland could possibly work (in those cases I'd be
staying in that city instead of Oxford).

[email protected] June 3rd, 2004 01:05 PM

Cheapest way to get to Oxford, UK?

In article ,
(Bob Martin) wrote:

"Peter File" wrote in message
I want to try and go over to Oxford for a couple days in July, but
I'll only be able to go if it's real cheap (college-student budget),
like less than $800 for flight and hotel. Is this even possible?

Please don't keep us in the dark about where you
are
departing from??

Hmm... yeah, I guess that would help, wouldn't it?

I'm trying to fly out of Atlanta, though I could possibly go out of
New York, Boston, Washington, or Orlando if need be.

I'd like to be able to fly into London, though other airports in
England or maybe Ireland could possibly work (in those cases I'd be
staying in that city instead of Oxford).

London is probably your best bet, but you can also reach Oxford easily
from Birmingham (and a little less easily from Manchester).