TravelBanter

-   Asia (http://www.travelbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Travel in southern thailand over christmas newyear bad idea? (http://www.travelbanter.com/showthread.php?t=163711)

Chris Blunt[_2_] March 19th, 2010 07:10 AM

Travel in southern thailand over christmas newyear bad idea?

On Thu, 18 Mar 2010 20:02:38 -0700, SMS
wrote:

Mr Michael wrote:
Hi does anyone know if its a bad idea turning up to Phucket and Koh
Samui between December 18 to January 8. Without booking accomodation.
Ive started a new job this is the only holidays period ive got.
I dont want to book accomodation as i dont want to be tied to one
particular area. I will be travelling from Phucket down to Singapore
any other info on transport erc greatly appreciated.

Those areas are closed to tourists during that time because it's a
National holiday in Thailand. From Phuket to Singapore, take the Ao Nang
Princess to Ao Nang, then a bus to Krabi, where you can rent a car.
Drive through Malaysia, then take a ferry over to Singapore.

Send email to to complain about this spammer.